Cannot Login -- no administrators set up

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jproducer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Cannot Login -- no administrators set up

Post by jproducer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:55 pm

I have no idea what happened, but yesterday I could login as an admin no problem. Today I went to login and it says. "You cannot login in, There are no administrators set up!" Has anyone seen this, what the heck did I do?
Last edited by nathandiehl on Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you heard that...you should be the engineer!
http://www.prettymess.net

user deleted

Re: Hhhheeeeellllllppppp!

Post by user deleted » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi,

Did you change something yesterday, on your site? Installed new add-ons?

jproducer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jproducer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:06 pm

I was trying to mess with ExtCalendar, but that was it. It seems like I must have done something to the database, but was not in that backend at all. I'm not too far into the game to start over except for my theme. I was just hoping not to. I just don't get it, is there a way to save this?

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:33 pm

Hi,

ExtCalendar should not be a problem. Do you know a little how to work with phpmyadmin? Using this you could "reset" the admin account. I could give you an example how to do this if you like.

jproducer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jproducer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:25 pm

I would love to get an example. I'm not exactly sure how to go about that. I'm not a phpmyadmin master at all.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi,

You might want to have a look at this FAQ http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,10985.0.html

If that does not help, first make a backup of your database ! After that you could check jos_users table for your admin account. If not there, or it is but incorrect, you could remove it and try running this:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `jos_users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '[email protected]', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', '');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0);
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',10);
Note the extra two tables. If you are not sure what you are doing, I would not use this script.
Last edited by user deleted on Fri May 12, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jproducer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jproducer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:04 am

What have I got to lose? I already can't access any of the admin panel right now. It's either try this, or re install. I'll let you know how it goes.

jproducer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jproducer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:49 pm

Well, I guess I need to take a phpmyadmin 101 class, because everytime I tried running that script I got an error. It's okay though, I really wasn't far enough to worry much about it. I saved my template and am off to start over. Heck, I enjoy it anyway. Thank you very much for your help and I'll update you on progress.

addodge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by addodge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:28 am

Thank you so much for posting the stuff from the database.  I too am a newbie when it comes to joomla and screwed it up.  I installed several bulliten boards and then uninstalled them and in the process took out my admin username and password somehow.  This helped me get back up and running.  A little bit of time and scratching my head and i figured it out. 

MORAL OF THE STORY= BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING!!!!

Thanks Again

Andy 8)

Tensegrity
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tensegrity » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:06 pm

my sympathies for your situation from someone who's been there.

The BA Backup component helps me sleep better at night  ;)

Regards,

Glenn

spyromalas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spyromalas » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:22 am

Hi Rob- I followed your suggestions and was not able to find an admin user in my db after I ran the phpbb.  Following your next instruction I typed the following into the SQL tab in phpAdmin:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `jos_users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '[email protected]', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, ''2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', ''); INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0); INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',10);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', '');
INSERT I 
I am by no means a SQL buff, so any help you can provide would be appreciated.  I did backup my db finally, so there is little risk at this point. 

-Thanks for your help in advance.

RobInk wrote: Hi,

You might want to have a look at this FAQ http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,10985.0.html

If that does not help, first make a backup of your database ! After that you could check jos_users table for your admin account. If not there, or it is but incorrect, you could remove it and try running this:

INSERT INTO `jos_users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '[email protected]', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, ''2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', '');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0);
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',10);
Note the extra two tables. If you are not sure what you are doing, I would not use this script.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:49 pm

not able to find an admin user in my db after I ran the phpbb
What do you mean with phpbb? The script is intended to get a joomla super admin back.

spyromalas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spyromalas » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:13 pm

I deleted my super admin by installing a phpbb.  I am trying to add back a superadmin.  When I type in the following line which you provided above I get an error but phpadmin is not specific as to the error.. it just returns a red flag with no explanation.  Any ideas?

INSERT INTO `jos_users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '[email protected]', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', ''); INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0); INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',10);

Thanks in advance... I wish I could provide more information.  There is a jos_users table still in my joomla db and I am able to get to the login page on the administrator link.  It just keeps telling me that there are no administrators so I can no login.

-thanks again.

spyromalas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spyromalas » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:16 pm

I did notice that the line that is returned has the following items in blue letters while the rest are in green...

0,1,25 - I assume this has something to do with the GIDs etc.  These are all blue.. the rest of the returned line is green.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi,

I think I know what is happening. With installing phpbb there might have been added a few extra columns to the jos_users table. Can you check this?

If this is the case, that insert script might not match the number of columns, hence the error. You would have to add something like:

,'' ,''
to it at the end before the );, just count the number of extra columns, add that to the end of that first insert sql script of those three lines i posted.

spyromalas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spyromalas » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Rob was a huge help!  Thanks for all the time spent with a rookie... hope to help out later in the game.

-spyro

user deleted

Re: Cannot Login -- no administrators set up

Post by user deleted » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 am

You are welcome, glad I could help fix your Joomla! install, have fun  :D

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:11 am

I still have the same problem after following your sql insertions.

It is in a completely new joomla installation on localhost and the error happens when I changed the template and translated some labels.

It is very curious that if I visit the page created I can log with the  sanme admin/password that it is rejected in the administrator page and they send a message knowing me "Hi, Administrator" as the logged visitor.

Any new idea?

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:21 am

Hi,

So frontend login does work with the admin account? What system are you on? (php/apache/mysql/windows/linux?)

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:12 am

My localhost is installed under windows xp with easyphp 1.8. I  worked with other applications under this configuration like mambo and oscommerce.  I am not new with mysql and apache-php.  I used Navicat and myphpadmin to handle the database behind.

The error is very extrange and sure it is from Joomla code because it reconigzes admin/password in the web page but  not in the administrator page.  I am seen a lot of threads in support forums with this problem that looks very randomly and not only in the first stages of a web development but also later when installing new mods and bots. It could kill the joomla dreams for the future because it is very frustrating to work against admin/password  for hours

Thanks for your ideas

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi,

Any chance you installed an addon such as phpbb or community builder? Can't trace this problem yet.

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks again Robink,

No. I have not installed any addon to the original 1.0.7.  I only have explored the example tables behind with phpMyadmin and Navicat. Some of the contents was translated into sapnish and thats all. Of course the original users and aco tables are stiill not modified.

In spanish there is a little change between Administrator and Administrador, but I checked everything and now it is all in English.

Why I can register as visitor with that admin/password but it is imposible to open with the same couple words the administrator page?

This problem appears very randomly and unespectedly in other threads. It should be something related with the core development.

:-[ Thanks

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Hi,

If you check System Info in the Backend, the session save path is also set? Just checking a few things...

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:51 pm

Where or how I could find the right backend info? Do not forget that I cannot access the administrator page

Thanks

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Session save path is set in php.ini. So you might be able to get your php info through your cpanel?

If you can not find that create a file called info.php with content;

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?> 
Upload and call http://yoursite.com/info.php
Last edited by user deleted on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Thanks again Robin for your interest,

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Thank you Robin for your interest.

I founded 3 php.ini files in my localhost directories that looks very similar:

1. Under /apache folder . It has a line that reads  session.save_path = "C:\ARCHIV~1\EasyPHP1-8\\tmp\" (Yes with two \\ before tmp)

2. Under /conf_files folder. The same line reads  session.save_path = "${path}\tmp\"

3. Under /php  folder. The same line reads  ;session.save_path = /tmp  (Yes, it has a ; sign before)

Also in the phpinfo.php listing under a section called sessions there is a line related to your question

session.save_path C:\ARCHIV~1\EasyPHP1-8\\tmp\ C:\ARCHIV~1\EasyPHP1-8\\tmp\

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 am

Hi,

Mine is set to C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\tmp. Also using EasyPHP 1-8.

Could you try to adjust that php.ini in folder /apache, remove that second slash? So it reads:

C:\ARCHIV~1\EasyPHP1-8\tmp\

Restart you webserver, see if it works then. If it does not, just change this path beck again to original value.

sedes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sedes » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:10 pm

I did the changes on the ini configuration file and nothing changes. I can enter with the admin/password to the web page but not to the Administrator page.

Thanks for new thoughts

gaorenst
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gaorenst » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:11 pm

Rob, I ran the script but i'm getting the following error.

can you help.

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `jos_users`
VALUES ( 62, 'Administrator', 'admin', '[email protected]', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'Super Administrator', 0, 1, 25, '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '2005-09-28 00:00:00', '', '' )

MySQL said: Documentation
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

RobInk wrote: Hi,

I think I know what is happening. With installing phpbb there might have been added a few extra columns to the jos_users table. Can you check this?

If this is the case, that insert script might not match the number of columns, hence the error. You would have to add something like:

,'' ,''
to it at the end before the );, just count the number of extra columns, add that to the end of that first insert sql script of those three lines i posted.

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”