[Back-end] Upper-right user count?

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jilles
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[Back-end] Upper-right user count?

Post by Jilles » Tue May 01, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi,

i was wondering what the upper-right user count does and how it works. Because when i'm the only one who is logged in it sometimes show 5 users (example). So my question is: How does it work?

Thx,
Jilles

user deleted

Re: [Back-end] Upper-right user count?

Post by user deleted » Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi,

Thats a good question, it must be showing total number of logged in users and visitors. Did you check the manual on this?

Jilles
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jilles » Tue May 01, 2007 2:27 pm

RobInk wrote: Hi,

Thats a good question, it must be showing total number of logged in users and visitors. Did you check the manual on this?
Yeah but I didn't actually know where to look and since I was in a hurry I decided to ask here... :-[

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Tue May 01, 2007 2:31 pm

I never really checked myself, will see if I can find it... but should be something like my first reply, otherwise the count would be wrong.

user deleted

Post by user deleted » Fri May 04, 2007 9:48 am

slixter looked it up, following is known:
http://help.joomla.org/content/view/49/153/1/4/

at the bottom

Type: mod_online

The  Users Online icon is also located in the Information Bar as above. It displays the total number of Users connected to the Front-end of the web site at that time (at least a close indication!). It will not include Super Administrators connected to the Back-end.

Justinaschwarz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Justinaschwarz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks for the clear explanation :eek: everything works ok))

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”