Wordpress to Joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
wizardgold
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Wordpress to Joomla

Post by wizardgold » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:03 pm

I have a Wordpress blog that I want to convert to Joomla. Do you have any recommendations.

I have been running the blog for some time and I would like to keep the most of it - will I have to to a manual copy and paste of the content to get everything moved over?

pcjunkie
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Wordpress to Joomla

Post by pcjunkie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Sorry for the late reply...

If there is no conversion script which I doubt...

Find in the Wordpress DB the text entries only...

Copy them to note pad.

To save on entering code Find the Jos text entries table in joomla for articles. If none exist then make a template default using Joomla.

Make a backup of that entry in PHP MY ADMIN  then use the SQL function then the -
INSERT instruction to load the SQL table into the Jos Articles text table. AFAIK that should also automatically number the files. You should also address the Front page view settings...

If not visible then find the table responsible for numerically populating the system. I think articles has 2 tables or is relational to Content. One is the commander and has a number and name and the other jos articles text? contains the good stuff.

Don't do this on a live server, it may not work the first time, but I hope you know where I am going with this....In any case thats how I got a forum over from e107 to Joomla board.
Joomla needs an e-sports script. Give Joomla an E- sports package like Vwar or a native Port......http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=255450

kittymcooper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kittymcooper » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Have you found anything that does this? I have a similar problem and will write such a thing myself if there is nothing out there. I want to reproduce the categories also (inder the section Blog) and the comments into JOM comments ....

wizardgold
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wizardgold » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Nope not found anything that will do it easy.

Seems like there is the hard way or the Hard Way ......

livingplush
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by livingplush » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:21 pm

kittymcooper wrote:Have you found anything that does this? I have a similar problem and will write such a thing myself if there is nothing out there. I want to reproduce the categories also (inder the section Blog) and the comments into JOM comments ....
Did you write something?

kittymcooper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kittymcooper » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Not yet - that client seems to have lost interest in doing her new site, ever since I made her the feature she needed on the old wordpress site (suit symbols in her word processor interface), and I have been to busy to pursue her. I will let you know if she ever gets around to it.

Kitty

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”