My Joomla is messed up!

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

My Joomla is messed up!

Post by Zdaddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:27 pm

So I did something really stupid. I accidently deleted the INSTALL.php file on my server. Now my site redirects to mysite.com/installation/index.php which comes up a 404

Is there any way to fix this? I don't really know why I did that, my site was already established and running with CB, a forum, and I just got virtuemart to work....ugh...what a waste.  :-\
I uploaded INSTALL.php from the joomla installation zip file...but that does nothing.  :-[ I feel pretty stupid.
Last edited by Zdaddy on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

fix.zip problem?

Post by Zdaddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:22 pm

The reason why I deleted INSTALL.php was because I thought that I was supposed to do it after the installation, but forgot. Today I was trying to implement fix.zip for logout issues...so while in ftp, I noticed the INSTALL.php file and thought "Oh crap...I think I was supposed to delete that a long time ago." So I deleted it. Then I uploaded the fix.zip files.
After that is when my site got messed up...so now I'm thinking it has nothgint to do with INSTALL.php...it has to do with the fix.zip files right? I AM supposed to delete INSTALL file right? So deleting it can't be whats causing this?

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: My Joomla is messed up!

Post by Tonie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:40 pm

You should be able to remove install.php with no problem. Didn you remove configuration.php as well?

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Zdaddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:33 pm

nope, everything is still there. Only thing I changed was uploading the fix.zip files in the Administrator folder and includes folder.
i.e. I overwrote index.php in the Administrator folder, and joomla.php in the includes folder with those given in fix.zip. I have since replaced those files with the ones that came with the original ones from the joomla install pack. I don't understand it...

...is this the end? I'm loosing hope  :(

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:16 am

extract the pax and upload the files and see where the problems are and which files need to be replaced

leo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Zdaddy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:23 pm

thank you! I'll get to it tomorrow, I dont have time today. Then I'll be back to tell about it....

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Zdaddy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:44 am

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Zdaddy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:56 am

I backed up my database and saved my templates...I saved the config file too(do I really need this?). Now I'm forced to reinstall Joomla!.

So I guess that means I have to go through the hell of reinstalling all my components again, CB and bridging the PHPbb2. How the heck to do you properly backup joomla for future reference? Just zip everything? ugh. I know I'm a big complainer right now, but I'm sure you guys know how painful it is to loose weeks of work in a few seconds...it sucks.

Zdaddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

OMG I LOVE JOOMLA!

Post by Zdaddy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:09 am

OMG I LOVE JOOMLA! Now I know why there's an ! in Joomla! ! Because it's awesome  :laugh:
I just reinstalled it, and it all came back! Good as new! All I had to do was re-upload my template and walla! It's all there! HAHAHAHAH! I'm so happy. I take back all the bad things I said  :-*

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”