JoomlaFCK and 1.0.11

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! bots/Plugins here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
margaret
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JoomlaFCK and 1.0.11

Post by margaret » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:37 am

Hi,
I have two sites with JoomlaFCK edit installed. One has been a clean 1.0.11 install, the other a 1.0.8 upgrade to 1.0.11.  One the clean install, the editor works fine.  On the upgraded site, the editor doesn't completely render on the screen.  I get the usual layout, but the area that is supposed to display the icons and the content are completely greyed out.  (see attached image)
Since it works on the clean install, I can only assume something has gone awry in the upgrade.  I've uninstalled and re-installed both 1.15 and 1.20 of JoomlaFCK versions with the same result.
It's not the admin template, I've tried changing that as well.
??? Any suggestions where to start looking for something broken, or what I'm looking for?  ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

margaret
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JoomlaFCK and 1.0.11

Post by margaret » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:24 am

It seems the problem may have been related to the restricted access issue in 1.0.11.  I applied the patch to fix another problem and this one seems to have gone away as well.
dunno why - it works now and that's what matters!  :)

ski69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ski69 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:16 pm

I have a similar problem....but on my fresh install it does not work. I applied the "restricted access" fix and it seems to work on my upgraded site now but with 1 more error...when the editor loads I get this error: (Unknown Toolbar item "fitwindow") and after I click "OK" twice it seems to be fine.

What patch did you apply?

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS??????
Last edited by ski69 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

margaret
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by margaret » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 pm

I used the fix on the following thread:
KNOWN ISSUES:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,90039.0.html

then followed the links for the #1 fix,
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg455550
and downloaded the admin.mambots.php

Before you go there, make sure you're logged in, as you won't be able to see/download the zip file

n.b.- it's not a 100% fix - it doesn't address the static text not displaying properly - I still have to turn off wysiwyg editors to edit that text.  And it also doesn't completely allow fckedit to do its nice formatting of HTML (one of the reasons I use it).  That said, it's still worth applying the patch  and others as they come along...
Good luck!
Last edited by margaret on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ski69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ski69 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:15 pm

OK....I have tried the fixes on both the upgraded version and the from scratch version.

The upgraded version works ok so far..have not fully tested all functionality of JoomlaFCK but seems ok at this point...it's usable.

The fresh install is having major issues with any editor...JCE, JoomlaFCK, TMEdit and even the default editor Tiny. Different issues with all....this is driving me nuts!!!

Here is what I did on fresh install.....I use a hosting service called Bluehost...they are wonderful.....the site in question is http://www.voiceforchange.info....I had a Mambo installation that was removed via Fantastico Autoinstaller.....then I installed a fresh copy of Joomla 1.0.11 via Fantastico....everything seemed to go fine....except for this editor issue.

Did the Mambo installation leave any config files behind??? Garbage that was not removed, perhaps????

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!! 
and Thanks to Margaret for your help!!!!!!

margaret
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by margaret » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:25 pm

I imagine this is frustrating...
Unfortunately, I can't recreate the problem on a clean install, and maybe it has to do with the way you're putting files up onto the server?  ???
Pardon me if I'm telling you how to suck eggs with the next lot - I don't have any idea of your familiarity with these tools...
I use direct FTP via an FTP client to load the joomla package onto the domain and MySQL or PHPmyAdmin for managing the files directly.
If there is garbage left over, you should be able to find it that way.
There are a number of free FTP clients you can download off the web - there may be some suggestions here in the forum.
The MySQL and PHPMyAdmin come from the control panel provided by the hoster.

Double check with BlueHost about the directories that are in your domain - just so you don't accidentally delete something that shouldn't be.  I understand they have excellent customer service, so hopefully they won't mind the questions.

If it were me, I would wipe everything, manually create the database file, load and then unzip the joomla package, and then do the basic site configuration, including installing 3rd party components, modules, etc. I'd then load the patch before I used any editor.
I know it's tedious doing it this way, and there may well be a better way of doing it - I'm happy for someone else to suggest...

If manually cleaning out the files and directories doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.  Perhaps someone else can offer a suggestion?

ski69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ski69 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks for the input Margaret......I did finally got TMEdit to work properly by modifying the "configuration.php"

changed

Code: Select all

$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://voiceforchange.info';
to

Code: Select all

$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://www.voiceforchange.info';
I guess I can live with this for now until I find a solid solution for FCKeditor.

I will keep probing..... ;) :P

ski69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ski69 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:35 pm

It seems that after making the change described above (configuration.php)....JoomlaFCK started working with no issues...I just happened to switch over to test it 1 more time and bang it popped up!

alexwalker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alexwalker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:08 pm

My editors stopped working when I tried to turn on Search Engine Friendly URLs in Configuration and changing htaccess.txt to .htaccess. When I got a 404 error message I switched it back off. Ever Since then the editor icons didn't show in new content admin or frontend window (see attached). I am hoping the fix described above will work. I am running 1.0.11.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex Walker
"to assume is to make an ass of u and me"

ski69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ski69 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm

When you change your configuration.php and add the www. make sure you use the http://www.sitename.com and not just http://sitename.com in the address bar of your browser...

your site will still function as normal using either address but you will need the www for the editors to function properly through the administrator backend.

hope that helps

alexwalker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alexwalker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks, but config does have full path http://www.etc.co.uk&nbsp; :'(
Alex Walker

alexwalker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alexwalker » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 am

I installed from http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg455550 but it still made no difference. Unable to see editor icons. Can I ftp the mambots\editor files again? Will this help? What files actually display the editor icons? Regards
Alex Walker

alexwalker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alexwalker » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:16 am

OK. I just uninstalled the FCKeditor on one site and tried installing it again. It told me I was trying to install the same thing twice. So I went into JoomXplorer and manually deleted the \fckeditor from mambots and also the fckeditor.php and fckeditor.xml from the root of mambots. I then went back and installed the fckeditor again. He Presto ! The icons appeared again when trying to add new content !
However, I wen through the same routine on another site I was having the same problem with, and this failed to resolve the same issue. On this site I had applied the fix detailed at http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg455550 So one site fixed and one not despite doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?
Alex Walker

alexwalker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alexwalker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:30 pm

In my configuration file my mosconfig_livesite  was not pointing directly at my live site address, it was pointing at a url provided me by the hosting company when I initially set up the site. As soon as I changed the url to the live site address, JoomlaFCK worked like a dream !
Alex Walker

Return to “Plugins/Mambots”