Translate complete joomla into sindhi

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Translate complete joomla into sindhi

Post by jameelmemon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Dear Fellows
Sorry if im posting thread in wrong category. Im willing to translate complete joomla into sindhi.. starting from installation procedure as currently sindhi language files are available for front end and installation.. so need your help to make sindhi as default language..

1. i need to select sd-PK during 1 step of installation
2. i want to change html temp files.
so how to do that?

Regards
Jameel

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Translate complete joomla into sindhi

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Mod Note:

(i) Moved the Topic from the forum General Questions to Languages
(ii) Deleted the duplicate post (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=485&t=541613) in the forum Languages
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Glad to know that you are willing to help to translate Joomla! in Sindhi.

However, be informed that installation and site language packs are already available for sd-PK. You can get them at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jtrans ... ge_id=3454.

What is remaining is the admin language pack which you could help in translating.

The coordinator for the Sindhi translation is Raheel Hussain Kaghzi (http://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php? ... e&u=150871).

You could try to get in touch Raheel and coordinate with him about the admin translation.
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Post by jameelmemon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 am

as for as translation is concern i have taken translation manager to translate all ini and xml files to make it upto standard..

I have already taken sindhi translation for installation and front end.. but there are some issues in that.

1. few ini files are not fully translated by Raheel ( his Last visit was on: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:33 pm), I will complete that and translate back end as well
2. I want to select sindhi language as soon as installation begins.
3. I want to change default selection of language from language list to sindhi instead of en-US.

Guide me to do that

Regards

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 am

jameelmemon wrote:1. few ini files are not fully translated by Raheel ( his Last visit was on: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:33 pm), I will complete that and translate back end as well
You could coordinate with Raheel for this. I believe that he should be happy that you are also helping in this effort.
jameelmemon wrote:2. I want to select sindhi language as soon as installation begins.
Already the Sindhi Language (sd-PK) is available in the Stable Full Package of Joomla! When you install Joomla! in the first screen you can select Sindhi Language for installation.
jameelmemon wrote:3. I want to change default selection of language from language list to sindhi instead of en-US.
Once you install the language packs are installed, you can go the Language Manager (Extensions -> Language Manager) and choose the default language.

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Post by jameelmemon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 am

You are not getting me
imanickam wrote:Already the Sindhi Language (sd-PK) is available in the Stable Full Package of Joomla! When you install Joomla! in the first screen you can select Sindhi Language for installation.
I would like to replace english into sindhi.. such as using pre selected sindhi instead of en-GB
imanickam wrote:Once you install the language packs are installed, you can go the Language Manager (Extensions -> Language Manager) and choose the default language.
I m not talking about language manger but want to keep selection on sd-PK the language instead of en-US during fist step of installation and want that screen in sindhi as well

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Post by jameelmemon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm

still waiting for some one to reply

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Post by jameelmemon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Im still waiting for some one to guide so that i can change native language to sindhi

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ot2sen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Jameel,

Nice of you to offer a complete Sindhi translation of joomla! 1.5, which will be appreciated by the Sindhi speakers :)

As suggested earlier in this thread we do already have Sindhi sd-PK installation files included in the core distribution, and we do have a Sindhi Translation Team and coordinator, as can be seen at the full list of current Translation Teams:
http://community.joomla.org/translations.html

But as you noticed there seems to be some inactivity of that team, and the Sindhi site package is not up-to-date for latest joomla! 1.5.20, and no admin package available.

Therefore we are pleased by your offer to continue this task and possible take over in case the other team has turned fully inactive.

You would need to accept the Translation Policy and then send the new site and admin packages for review to one of the members of the Joomla! Translation Coordination Team:
http://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=47
I would suggest you to send a pm directly to 'ste', and she will then kindly guide you.

PS: For the specific question of having Sindhi be default at installation, then this is a matter of the language detected in the browser you use. If you have Sindhi set, then joomla will present Sindhi, and in case english is set in browser then you could be presented with en-US

Thanks again for offering a volunter translation effort
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

jameelmemon
I've been banned!

Post by jameelmemon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:05 pm

ot2sen wrote: PS: For the specific question of having Sindhi be default at installation, then this is a matter of the language detected in the browser you use. If you have Sindhi set, then joomla will present Sindhi, and in case english is set in browser then you could be presented with en-US

Thanks again for offering a volunter translation effort
Hi and Thanks for your reply.. can i get installation screen (step 1 "Select language") in sindhi? if yes then guide me please, current screen is in en-GB

Regards

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ot2sen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Is the preferred language of the browser you use set to Sindhi as first choise?
For example in Firefox->Settings->Language, choose Sindhi and move to top.

Then joomla installation should present you with Sindhi default like attached
sd-browser-jinstall.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

Return to “Translations”