installing Welsh Language zip file

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

Barrya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

installing Welsh Language zip file

Post by Barrya » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:24 am

Dear All
I hope this is the right forum.
I already have a Website in English ready for public release, but I would like people to be able to switch to the Welsh Language ad the site is based in Wales.

I did a search and have found the cy-GB.site.zip which is a 1.5 release.

At present the site is just in English as mentioned, with no transaltor option. I would either need two icons on the site with the Union Jack and the Welsh Dragon so that people can just switch language or something similar.
Any help appreciate please.
Barry

rued
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: installing Welsh Language zip file

Post by rued » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi,

please take a look at these extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php? ... &Itemid=35

It might help you.
Rune Rasmussen - https://syntaxerror.no/
Norske nettløsninger og integrasjoner, brukerstøtte og vedlikehold m.m. for betalende kunder.

Norske oversettelser -> viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1006497

Barrya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: installing Welsh Language zip file

Post by Barrya » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Dear Rued
Many thanks for your post, we have now installed Joom!fish which of courses allows you to switch between languages and converts limited items.

I just need to work out get all the menu names etc and the articles translated into Welsh.

As a Englishman living Wales, I have no knowledge of the Welsh Language! We are now looking at easy ways to translate everything.
If anyone knows of a programme that will translate from English to Welsh, it would be very useful, or I will have to try and find a willing person to do the translations for us, which of course, will slow down publishing articles.
Many thanks Rued
Regards
Barry

Return to “Translations”