Language Files with 1.5b

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

sural98
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Language Files with 1.5b

Post by sural98 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:07 am

Do you think some language files such as Chinese, German, French will also be avalable upon beta release?

davidgal
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Language Files with 1.5b

Post by davidgal » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Hi sural98,

The list of translation projects for Joomla 1.5 can be found here http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/42/66/. This includes links to the forge where the teams language packs will be released.

There will be more than 20 languages in the installation program of Joomla 1.5 already in the beta release. I'm not sure how many of the teams will release packages for 'admin' and 'site' on the forge at the same time. It should be about the same number teams.
David Gal

sural98
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sural98 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:54 am

Hello davidgal,
I have looked at such language projects as Arabic at the localization page but the projects appear to be 1.0.x projects.

Mohammed
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Mohammed » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:01 am

sural98 wrote: Hello davidgal,
I have looked at such language projects as Arabic at the localization page but the projects appear to be 1.0.x projects.
yes , indeed . Translations for Joomla 1.5 are still in progress or under testing from languege coordinator and their co-translators , so as David said , Joomla 1.5 beta will include many langueges for the installation process and perhaps some of them for Admin Panel and Site UI .

cheers .
"Joomla! is science made clear."
Mohammed Sh. Abbas  -- Joomla! Fan !!

davidgal
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by davidgal » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:59 pm

sural98 wrote: Hello davidgal,
Hi sural98,

As 1.5 is not yet released, the language packs are still work in progress. If you wish to try out a particular language pack for 1.5 in the svn or nightly builds of 1.5, I suggest you contact the coordinator for the particular language and ask him/her to send you a copy.

You can find the links to their profiles in the list of available languages for 1.5

I do see that the work "available" is a bit missleading right now as they are really in development.

Cheers,
David Gal

Return to “Translations”