Interested in Translating Joomla! to Pashto

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

msadat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Interested in Translating Joomla! to Pashto

Post by msadat » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:51 am

I have tried to register on JoomlaCode.org multiple times but i never received the registration activation email.
Checked Junk Mail and Spam Folders as well and nothing there too.

Can anyone please help with this?

Regards
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information » JoomlaCode.org to the forum Translations. Also, changed the subject to reflect the thread.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: JoomlaCode.org Activation Email not Receiving

Post by imanickam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:07 am

As for as I know, joomlacode.org is no longer available. Please review the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=406&t=872264 and the post http://developer.joomla.org/news/602-jo ... osing.html.

As you may notice in the post, the alternatives are GitHub, BitBucket, and/or Sourceforge.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

msadat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by msadat » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 am

imanickam wrote:As for as I know, joomlacode.org is no longer available. Please review the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=406&t=872264 and the post http://developer.joomla.org/news/602-jo ... osing.html.

As you may notice in the post, the alternatives are GitHub, BitBucket, and/or Sourceforge.

Thank you very much for your reply, would you know the link to the joomla localization project since Joomlacode.org is going down.
I would like to make a contribution to the localization of Joomla CMS.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:33 am

In order for us to direct your help to the appropriate team/place, could you please elaborate on in what are all the ways you could contribute to the localisation project?

The reason for the question being, there are several places such as documentation, extension creation, language files creation, translation of pertinent key communications, development, and so forth.
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

msadat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by msadat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 am

imanickam wrote:In order for us to direct your help to the appropriate team/place, could you please elaborate on in what are all the ways you could contribute to the localisation project?

The reason for the question being, there are several places such as documentation, extension creation, language files creation, translation of pertinent key communications, development, and so forth.
Hi imanickam

I would like to contribute by translating Joomla into Pashto Language.
Joomla 1.5 had Pashto Language translation but the contributor has not updated the language files since version 1.5.

Regards,
Mostafa

msadat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How can i upgrade Joomla Version 1.5 to 3.x

Post by msadat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:40 am

I have Joomla Version 1.5 Language files for Front End and Administration, however these files are not usable on the newer version of Joomla, is there any way for upgrading the language files.

By this i would like to translate only the new strings related to the newer version o Joomla rather than Translating everything from scratch.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How can i upgrade Joomla Version 1.5 to 3.x

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 am

Suggest reviewing the following topic(s)/document(s):
Once you have converted the strings from Joomla! 1.5, possibly you could use the tool com_localise (https://github.com/joomla-projects/com_ ... 11-dev.zip) to create the language pack.

If you want only few strings to modify, you could explore the possibility of using language overrides in the Language Manager.

Hope this helps.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 am

From your answer and your email to me, I understand that you would like to contribute to the creation of Pashto (Afghanistan) ps-AF language pack for Joomla! 3.4.

A related post of yours (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=711&t=873925) on this subject has been merged with this topic.

monlike
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Interested in Translating Joomla! to Pashto

Post by monlike » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi imanickam
pashto and persian(farsi) are the same language .
now is it ready this translation?
because i craete a new website with pashto language but i used persian
i want to compare this two translation

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Interested in Translating Joomla! to Pashto

Post by imanickam » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm

monlike:

The language pack of Pashto for Joomla! 3.4.x is not available. However, the Persian language pack for Joomla! 3.4.x is available. And, soon Dari (prs-AF) may be available soon.

Kindly check the list of Accredited Joomla! translations available at http://community.joomla.org/translation ... tions.html from time to time.

As you may have seen from the posts in this topic, translation is done by volunteers just like you and me. So, someone has to dedicate their time in the translation effort.

Return to “Translations”