mambelfish/joomfish not working after 1.04 patch

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
chaosvg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

mambelfish/joomfish not working after 1.04 patch

Post by chaosvg » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:44 pm

Since most mambelfish users like myself gave up on hoping for any support from alex, I hope I might find some answers here.

After upgrading to 1.04:
- some content translations are loaded when switching language, others are not.
- page navigation looks like this (at least in dutch): PN_LT_PN_LT Begin _PN_LT Vorige Volgende _PN_RT Einde _PN_RT_PN_RT
- doing a site search, these warnings are displayed:
Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /home/***/domains/***.be/public_html/components/com_mambelfish/classes/mambelfish.class.php on line 167
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/***/domains/***.be/public_html/components/com_mambelfish/classes/mambelfish.class.php on line 167

I don't mean to be disrespectfull, but it seems like mf users are left in the cold for months now (since long before joomla). I suppose this will be the next fix-it-yourself issue I (we) 've encountered.
Thing is: once a website goes multi-lingual there's is no way back. I would never have got into this if I knew what kind of troubles were on the way...

regards
cvg

tr34ser
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: mambelfish/joomfish not working after 1.04 patch

Post by tr34ser » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:03 am

Hello,

IT WORKS!

U NEED those infos here http://mamboforge.net/tracker/?func=det ... group_id=7

STEP 1
INSTALL mabelfish 1.5

STEP 2
INSTALL the module

STEP 3
Copy the files index and index2 from the mabelfish 1.5 directory (u need to extract the component file) to the root.

STEP 4
Modify the mambelfish.class.php inside the admin dir - as seen in MKs post @ link above (its at around line 295 and you need to past "&" before the function gettable();

STEP 5
Upload the MBF init bot

STEP 6
If you want language images inside the module display u need to set the isos in the componentn language cfg eg. en for english de for german - corresponding to the flag images names inside the component folder...

ISSUES:
english charcter translate issues see topic here http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,6272.0.html
Not 100% sure yet but it looks liek the component only can handle 2 languages - so you need for any additional language a 2nd content item to translate into the 3rd and on language.
Im sure there is a workaround for this?

If you can help me with the ISSUES - then this would be really great for me :)

Cheers
Last edited by tr34ser on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
.-.

jpetrov
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jpetrov » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:01 am

If you are deleting joomla 1.0.4 index and index2 with mambelfish modified 4.5.2 files then you are actually doing a downgrade and opening a security hole!

No - Joomla 1.0.4 and multilingual search DO NOT WORK - I have tested this - it seems that we need a new searchbot starting from Joomla 1.0.4.

I have sites that run perfectly in every way except the multilingual search - and I have followed all instructions from various posts with no luck. I need this functionality ASAP :(

tr34ser
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tr34ser » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 am

Wht 1 actually did was shareing the nfo tht it is possible to make it running.

And i respond to the topic starter not ur search bt issue, also i rather use the modification and have it running for the next weeks with the security hole, therfor are backups right? Of course its not a perfect solution but its still a workaround.
Also if the search not working (i dont use the search) this is an issue, but the comp is working.
Also i would look for an updated search mosbot.
And if this is a security thing, then this needs to be fixed i wonder now which part of the index needs to updated i guess its an "&".

Cheers
.-.

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”