Thanks for your information and I could have the multi-language selection work partly. I would like to have a web site with english, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. I have installed the Joomla-1.0.12_eCommerceEdition_VM-1.0.10. I followed the instructions you given below and I have the translations options for the whole web site through Joomfish.
When I used the Joomfish to translate the english words to traditional and simplified chinese, I find it is working for the Joomla, e.g. Menu, etc. However, when I edit the items (virtueMart product Catagory), say, simplified chinese, some special characters come out like: 科骏服务.
I have saved all the words in UTF-8 for both Joomla and VirtueMart Language pack.
Could you please advise what I should do and both the Joomla and VirtueMart traditional and simplified Chinese could work properly.
as there are plenty of requests how to make VirtueMart multilanguage, I decided to open a thread, where most of the things will be explained.
To have the Future of E-Commerce running on your site you should do some simple steps.
1. Install VirtueMart (1.0.10). Take it from here
2. Install Joom!Fish 1.7. Take it from here
3. Install the languages you want to use and configure the Joom!Fish
4. Add the VirtueMart Translations you are going to use in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages
5. Add your products in the normal way in VirtueMart
6.1. Add to the folder administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ the files attached to this thread (Joom!Fish-VirtueMart-Support.zip) . If can upload those files easy with the Joom!Fish Content Element Installer. Get it from here
and upload the files one by one and NOT AS ZIP
6.2. Or install as a component the other attached file (com_vm_joomfish.zip). It will add the support and will remove itself. It will give and error on installation, but don't worry, this is expected.NOTE:
You need to do either 6.1 or 6.2 and NOT both
7. Open the translation feature of Joom!Fish. Choose, what to translate from the dropdown and start translating the products, manufacturers, whatever.
8. Publish the translations.USERS OF VIRTUEMART 1.0.10 - Please replace the file virtuemart_parser.php with the one attached in this post (virtuemart_parser_JF10.zip).
I will try to update this thread and the files in it.
Edit on 01 June 2006: Updated the file with the Content Elemens (The XML Files attached to this thread). Found small bug in the product attributes, which is fixed now. Also added filter option for the products. Those now can filtered by product category.
Edit on 02 August 2006: Updated version of VirtueMart to 1.0.6
Edit on 13 January 2007: Updated version of VirtueMart to 1.0.9
Edit on 17 April 2007: Added patch for Virtuemart 1.0.10