JoomFish: Include menu item's "Menu Image" in translation?

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Nic
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

JoomFish: Include menu item's "Menu Image" in translation?

Post by Nic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:39 pm

Is there a way to add the "Menu Image" parameter of menu items to the translation? I need to have language dependent menu images.

Thanks in advance!

Nic

akede
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: JoomFish: Include menu item's "Menu Image" in translation?

Post by akede » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 am

Hi Nic,

from the Joom!Fish point of view not directly. The parameters of a module can't be translated.

The only idea I get is that you are using a little adapted mod_mainmenu which will try to find those images in a subfolder such as 'de_menuimage', 'en_menuimage' if the Fish is enabled. This should do the trick.

Most effective solution could be using a different style sheet based on the language (a bit of a change in your template code). Then you have full control over all images within your site.

Alex
Joom!Fish 2.0 your free multilingual solution for Joomla! 1.5 i - http://www.joomfish.net - follow us on twitter @joomfish
Meet us at J and Beyond, 30.05 - 1.06.10, Wiesbaden, Germany - http://jandbeyond.org

Nic
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Nic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:19 pm

Thanks Alex. I was hoping it'd be possible to add a menu item's "Menu Image" to the content elements's xml file in some way. Now I use a combination of both your suggestions (required by the sort off css rollovers I am using), a - slightly - modified mod_mainmenu.php and a language dependend css switch.

Thanks for your time!

Nic

_Arno_
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by _Arno_ » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Nic wrote: ...Thanks Alex. I was hoping it'd be possible to add a menu item's "Menu Image" to the content elements's xml file in some way. Now I use a combination of both your suggestions (required by the sort off css rollovers I am using), a - slightly - modified mod_mainmenu.php and a language dependend css switch...
Hi Nic,

I have the same problem that you had. Can you give some more Details about your solution please?
Thank you very much!

Regards
Arno

vimal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: JoomFish: Include menu item's

Post by vimal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:06 pm

i think this code will help you ! how you can change the stylesheet based on langauges

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/_?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/_?php echo $this->template ?>/css/_?php echo $this->language ?>.css" type="text/css" />

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”