Swahili Translation

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
sunicir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Swahili Translation

Post by sunicir » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 pm

I have installed Joomla 1.0.15 from fantastico. Then I uploaded joomfish 1.8 and installed and they are both working.
When I go to Translations and select content I see a list under titles but the translation column is empty meaning no translations available so far.
I have only one language installed which is English and I want to do my translation manually in Swahili.
When I choose one title and double click, it takes me to the translation page with original and translation boxes.
On the right on this page is a tab saying Publishing. below is State: No translation; Language: (two choices - English and No translation) Englsih is selected; Published unchecked; Last Modified: New

On the left Under Label Title, I can write translation on the translation box but below it on the Label: Introtext it does not allow me to write anything when I click on the box. However if I go further down under label: Fulltext it allows me to write.

When I click save, preview or apply it does not work. I just see the error sign below my browser but no change on the page. Am I missing something?

Do I have to have two languages installed for the translation to work? If so I want to translate to Swahili manually. There is no swahili language extension available - what do I do?

Please advice on what I should do to run my English website and users be able to click a button and see the swahili translation of what they have been reading.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the post f=11&t=161351.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Swahili Translation

Post by infograf768 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:40 am

We do not support joomla 1.0 anymore. That version is totally obsolete and has been for years.
Swahili language packs are available for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

sunicir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Swahili Translation

Post by sunicir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

infograf768 wrote:We do not support joomla 1.0 anymore. That version is totally obsolete and has been for years.
Swahili language packs are available for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
Hi infograf768
Did you know thanks
So I'm going to install a new version of Joomla!
Thank you

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”