Hi Problems wiht mambelfish

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
pe_z
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hi Problems wiht mambelfish

Post by pe_z » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi,

I've just learned about the CMS, PHP, etc.  anyway I'm getting around and I learn pretty quick.  I've to build a bilingual (and eventually multilingual) site with forums, a shop, news, a calendar, and a couple persoanl pages.  Anyway I found mambo+phpshop+smf.  They work great.  I installed them, and so far so good.  Then I tried to install mambelfish, yet after translating some menus to spanish none of the translation appeared when I hit spanish in the mambelfish module.  So the installation runs ok with ambo 4.5.2 and mambelfish 1.5.  Any ideas.  When I do the translation I go to components mambelfish-translation-spanish-menus-and translate it and publish it.  Yet it won't work.  Do I have to install any patches, I ve already tried, yet it wont work.  Please HELP

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Hi Problems wiht mambelfish

Post by Geraint » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:46 pm

Do you have mod_menu caching enabled?  I had difficulties with this until I found a fix:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,7522.0.html

Hope this helps

Geraint

pe_z
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pe_z » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:49 am

Tried it but didn't work.  my web page is http://www.enjoyhobbyland.com/test

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:53 am

Your links "English|Espanol" do nothing, quite literally.  They are links to index.php telling the system nothing about the language change.

I suspect you may not have set your ISO codes (en and es) in the Mambelfish component language configuration section.

Geraint

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”