CHmod forums/index.php Error - SMFJoomla Bridge

Discuss the integration of SMF here.
mirunit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

CHmod forums/index.php Error - SMFJoomla Bridge

Post by mirunit » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:41 pm

It seems that I cannot unpatch/patch my forums index.php or sources/sub-post.php. I have tried to chmod everything even to 777 and I still keep getting -

Failed: /home/mirunit/public_html/forums/index.php file or the parent path is not writeable!

Can anyone help me with this?

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: CHmod forums/index.php Error - SMFJoomla Bridge

Post by chadness » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:18 pm

I'd do it manually.  Check at Joomlahacks.com for what exactly needs to be changed.  Or, even easier, re-upload an unpatched version.

mirunit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mirunit » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Thanks, I downloaded SMF 1.1 RC2 again and replaced the index and subs-post with the one from the package and it worked.

Another question - Is there any way to stop the login redirecting the user to the forums?

and what is

Notice: Constant WIRELESS already defined in /home/mirunit/public_html/forums/index.php on line 98

chadness
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by chadness » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:10 pm

mirunit wrote: Thanks, I downloaded SMF 1.1 RC2 again and replaced the index and subs-post with the one from the package and it worked.

Another question - Is there any way to stop the login redirecting the user to the forums?
Just modify the login module.
and what is

Notice: Constant WIRELESS already defined in /home/mirunit/public_html/forums/index.php on line 98
That's a leftover from your joomlahacks install.  Is it compeltely uninstalled?  It sounds like there is another file that needs to be cleaned up.

Return to “SMF - Simplemachines.org Forum”