The locale are (or rather, were) related to Server date settings in various languages.
We do not use them any more in 1.5 since 1.5.2.
Anyhow, these locales would never have been in non-ascii.
Just adding the ones I proposed is Ok.
The <pdfFontName> states the pdf font to use when printing pdf with the language.
As far as I know, we do not have any pdf font for Assamese.http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/pdffonts15/frs/
Default is freesans, as I wrote above.
<winCodePage>iso-8859-1</winCodePage> is wrong
I wrote above that it should be utf8
This specifies the encoding of the language in older Windows OS. It could not have been ISO.
(Anyhow, this parameter was only used when migrating a 1.0 site to 1.5 and using Joomfish.)
I suggest you just copy/paste the xml I posted above as I see also that the copyright date is incorrect in your last pack.
You may want to add a as-IN.ignore.php file in your pack to specify what small words the Joomla search would ignore.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr Multilanguage in 2.5: http://help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf
Joomla Translation Coordination Team • Joomla! Production Working Group