Joomla user sessions?

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
holsum
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla user sessions?

Post by holsum » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:22 am

I have been partially successful in merging another application with Joomla.  It sits on a different directory on my site but it shares Joomlas database and pulls information on users.  The thing that I need it to do is similar to what you are doing here so I thought that maybe someone could help.

I need to figure out how to pass the user session information into the new application so that it can retrieve that current users id.

If the user is not logged in, they can still browse through the other application, but if they want to do anything it will redirect them back into Joomla to sign in.

Does anyone have a clue how to get this done?

I am willing to pay for the answer. (moderator, please don't move this to the "professional services" section.  I want the person with the answers to post the information here for ALL to see.  I am just willing to pay for that information!)

Thank you,
-holsum

lolobef
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla user sessions?

Post by lolobef » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 am

Your second application is coded in PHP i think... right?

I'm not an expert but try to play with: $my->id, or just use cookies.

I will find a solution within a few days... using com_connector+personal module or i will code my own solution.
The solution that i'm thinkin isn't very different to com_connector but i just have a single login window and i don't publish the login module of Joomla.

My second issue is that the second application might be in JSP.

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”