Joomla Bug: Password and verification do not match...

tsili
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Bug: Password and verification do not match...

Post by tsili » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:34 am

Hi,

I believe Joomla 1.0.15 -and most probably earlier versions as well- has a bug:
When you login into your account and then try to edit your account details, if 'Password' and 'Confirm Password' do not match then the error message: "Password and verification do not match, please try again." shows up twice.
Moreover, if the site is multilingual, the message never appears in the site's selected language but only in English.
I have Virtuemart module installed so I don't know if this causes the problem. However, I 've checked other sites using Virtuemart and I saw that this happens there as well, so it's not a matter of how I set up the store but rather a Joomla core bug.
If there is a resolution on this bug please post it here.

Thank you,
Yiannis

mfarssac
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Password and verification do not match...

Post by mfarssac » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Greetings,

I am facing a similar issue. I get this message when a registered user wants to upload a picture to her/his profile, however, I get the message in my local language instead, so language seems not be an issue in my case (I replaced the language file with english original just for testing and the issue keeps being there).

I have Joomla 1.0.15 with CB 1.2RC2 and no Virtuemark. This only happens using Firefox, but not using Explorer. The superadministrator can however upload a picture using both. Surprisingly, I have changed the rights from my user to superadministrator just to see what happens, and this user with this super rights can't either upload the picture. He gets the same message, namely _REGWARN_VPASS2.

If you had any idea why this is happening or how to work it around it would be very much appreciated. I'd like to provide a nicer solution to my user than "use Explorer, please ..."

Many thanks !,

Marc

mfarssac
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Bug: Password and verification do not match...

Post by mfarssac » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:58 am

Greetings,

I have found a post a jolapoolis which seems to solve the issue. It was already posted there but I didn't see it. After cleaning caché I was done.
Cheers,
Marc

Return to “Joomla! 1.0.x_Q&T”