Phpbb + Joomla Bridge *

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Websmurf
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Phpbb + Joomla Bridge *

Post by Websmurf » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 am

No, not doing the CB one. I'm looking after regular joomla integration and the upcomming mambot system for joomla 1.1
Adam van Dongen - Developer

- Blocklist, ODT Indexer, EasyFAQ, Easy Guestbook, Easy Gallery, YaNC & Redirect -
http://www.joomla-addons.org - http://www.bandhosting.nl

Muller
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Muller » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:37 am

Hi,

great work boys. I was wondering though about security issues related to make this bridge between both systems. I currently think making both joomla and phpbb work together could compromise a whole site in case any serious trouble could occurr. Is it not safer to keep them both working more or less independently? You can always keep at least one "side" of your website working. Phpbb in my case fails quite constantly, and this would cause the web been slow too.

Perhaps I am a dumb but thinking this way but I will like to read your opinions :)

regards,

rational
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rational » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi,
Has work stopped on getting a flawless phpbb to Joomla bridge or some other method?

I have a current independent install of both and want to have SSO for my users.

If there is another bridge or solution that has become the standard, what/where can I grab it?

Very interested.

Thanks,
Dave

ronpeled
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ronpeled » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:42 am

So, will we have this issue behind us? hopefully with the new Joomla 1.5 we will be able to tackle this issue without HACKS!
www.Activo.com - Activo: Providing Magento development services for medium size Magento retailers.
extensions.Activo.com - Activo Extensions: Providing a growing collection of quality magento extensions.

ssherlock
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ssherlock » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 am

Has anybody here successfully removed this component? 

As it is no longer supported (and because the forum on my site is under-used) I'm thinking of removing it but have lost the installation files and instructions.

I want to do it right because the users and signups between the site and the forum are so closely linked.

Tomas-teacher
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tomas-teacher » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 am

rational wrote: Hi,
Has work stopped on getting a flawless phpbb to Joomla bridge or some other method?

I have a current independent install of both and want to have SSO for my users.

If there is another bridge or solution that has become the standard, what/where can I grab it?

Very interested.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi, yes, please consider this solution here http://www.elearningforce.biz/bridges/j ... forum.html. I am have been looking for this bridge for a six month - the time it was developed and seems Elearningforce team adding new feautures/fixing bugs on a regular basis.

Kind Regards,

Duckman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Duckman » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 pm

ssherlock wrote: Has anybody here successfully removed this component? 

As it is no longer supported (and because the forum on my site is under-used) I'm thinking of removing it but have lost the installation files and instructions.

I want to do it right because the users and signups between the site and the forum are so closely linked.
Have you had any luck with this?
I have exactly the same problem, trying to install the new bridge from Mehdi, and in the process removing the component from van Dongen - as it is no longer supported - and seems to have problems with the user tables after a while...

But it seems I'm not able to remove it successfully...

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”