The Joomla! Forum ™

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:51 am 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hi

I have installed the cbconnecor

The problem is that the users dont get logged in to the forum when logging into Joomla

any help about this?

i have phpBB 3.0 RC7
I use joomla 1.5 adn  and CB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

You did not give much info but from what I have seen in the past here are some answers.

If you check the phpbb_sessions table you should see that the users are logged into phpbb (let me know if different)

1) Probably there is an issue with the cookie settings on the phpbb setup... From previous test cases if you go into the ACP and change the cookie server setting (If I recall correctly) to blank then the cookies should start working

2) Alternately you can install the CBC Wrapper component from the cbconnector.com site. 
  a) Change your link from a plain URL to a component link (delete old menu item and create new one)... 
  b) Then in the CB Connector settings set it to open the forum links in the CBC Wrapper, New Window, or Same window as desired
  c) Then in the menu item parameters set your forum to open in a new window, same window, or within the wrapper just set the properties for the the as well... There should be a forum target property that you can control which of the 3 window options you desire... This menu setting allows you to have multiple menu links with different viewing options

More support available at cbconnector.com or the forum at http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,showcat/catid,34/

FYI, I don't typically check this forum as often as I do the other 2...

Greg

CBC is a Community Builder Plugin to allow connection of Joomla! 1.0.x and Community Builder to a Categories Hierarchy, phpbb2, or phpbb3 forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

I forgot to mention that the reason the CBC wrapper can overcome the cookie issue is that it appends the SID on the end of the link like phpbb does.  No way that I am aware of to make a URL link that can dynamically append the correct SID by itself... So that is why the CBC wrapper can be handy even if you are not desiring the forum to show in a wrapper...

Greg

CBC is a Community Builder Plugin to allow connection of Joomla! 1.0.x and Community Builder to a Categories Hierarchy, phpbb2, or phpbb3 forum.