Help with Upgrading Joomla

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
jsogden
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help with Upgrading Joomla

Post by jsogden » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I am still very new to all this. Just started creating a Joomla website in January of this year. It's out there on the web, but I have very little info and no real users yet. Anyhow, I have both Coppermine and phpBB for my photo gallery and forum. I bridged them to my Joomla site using Mehdi's bridges.

My question is this. I have just noticed that there have been 2 new Joomla releases since I started this project a couple of months ago. I am currently on Joomla 1.0.13. My host now has 1.0.15 available for download through Fantastico and I'm thinking I should probably upgrade, but this is my FIRST time to do such an upgrade so I don't know what I should do about the bridges. If I update to 1.0.15, will I mess up the bridges? Will I need to unbridge and then set the whole thing up again? This is the biggest modification I have done to the site so I'm not too worried about the other things I've done. The bridges each took me a good solid day to get working so I'm a little nervous about the whole upgrading process and what that will do to my bridges.

Thanks!

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”