Eratic login behaviour

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Jethz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Eratic login behaviour

Post by Jethz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:39 pm

I started out with a clean install of the latest version of phpbb  in the subdirectory /forum/.
In the root I install Joomla 1.0.8 site.

Both are using the same database, with different prefixes for the tables.

I'm using community builder & the phpbbconnector. Everything worked fine to import the users from the existing phpbb board.

When I log in from the main page, I'm logged in on the forum. I selected 'remember me' on the main site.

Behaviour from IE: when I close the browser and come back to the site I'm still logged in on the main page, but no longer on the forum and I have to log out and log back in on the main page to be logged in again on the forum.

Behaviour from Firefox: the fact if I'm staying logged in on the forum between sessions seems random (although I have the impression it's a long time-out that causes me to get logged out on the phpbb forum after let's say ... 24h.

I'm guessing it's a cookie problem between phpbb & joomla. The phpbb cookie doesn't seem to stay after the browser is closed (and the session is ended) even though I selected the 'remember me' check-box on the main page.

I've been looking around but I haven't found anyone who reported a similar problem.

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Eratic login behaviour

Post by geeffland » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Jethz,

There is a patch available for "remember me" logins... you can find it here...

http://developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/v ... sion_1_0_2

For future reference there is a sub-forum at joomlapolis.com for the phpbb connector which gets read more often...  here is the link to there as well..

http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/op ... /catid,34/

Hope this helps,
Greg (phpbb Connector Developer)
Thanks,
Greg

Jethz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Eratic login behaviour

Post by Jethz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 am

Thanks a bunch.

I will try this asap.