Best way to integrate phpbb *without* merging users?

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
calymari
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Best way to integrate phpbb *without* merging users?

Post by calymari » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:57 pm

Hello,

Could someone give me advice on how to integrate an existing phpbb forum with my Joomla site, without merging the 2 userbases?

I just want the forum areas to show up like regular content pages inside my Joomla site-- ie, showing the Joomla headers, footers, and sidebars instead of the phpbb ones.  All of the phpbb "bridges" I found by searching the extensions directory merge the users in some way... I guess that's what a bridge is for.  I may decide to merge the user bases sometime in the future, but not quite ready to take the leap yet.  For now I just want to make my forums look more like part of my website.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT:  Oops, just realized that this is probably the wrong section to post in. :(  Sorry to create more work for you mods... I don't see an option to delete my own post, unfortunately.

EDIT2:  Wow, I had no idea there was actually a separate forum about phpbb integration.  :-[  I wonder why these posts didn't come up when I tried to search the entire forum.  Feel free to close this; I'm pretty sure my question has already been answered somewhere, so I'll spend some time reading through some of the older threads.
Last edited by calymari on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”