Re: Moving / Exporting Joomla's mySql DB to another host or server via phpmyadmi

Discuss the FAQ's here, and get in touch with the FAQ Team.
WindWarrior
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Moving / Exporting Joomla's mySql DB to another host or server via phpmyadmi

Post by WindWarrior » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:38 am

Hi Steve and Howd
Turning the SEF off resulted inthe links working.... partially !
Now it simply defaults/links straight to the 'This site is offline page'
I have switched this off in the global configs within the administration back end but for some reason it is still sending all links to this page... might have to look int the config.php and check that it is modified or i will attempt to do it manually

I do appreciate your responses... the last response i got was 7 and a half months after posting... and the person was asking if i had managed to find a solution as they were plagues by the same problem ! (virtue mart thumbnail issue)

Any ways thanks again and any ideas regarding the links now defaulting to the 'site down for maintenance page' ?

WindWarrior

Steve
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Steve » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:37 am

Try installing another template.
And double check "$mosConfig_absolute_path" in the configuration.php  :)
Regards Steve, Developer of Export Content Component:
Component Information site
http://www.bestdownloadsites.com/joomla/export-content
http://www.bestdownloadsites.com

WindWarrior
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by WindWarrior » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:58 am

Hi Steve
Double checked the $mosConfig absolute path and it is correct
Have worked out the local site is diverting to the actual live site... this is despite the config pointing to the local site (both in absolute path and cache?)

Any suggestions ?

WindWarrior

Steve
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:52 pm

Double checked the $mosConfig absolute path and it is correct
Have worked out the local site is diverting to the actual live site... this is despite the config pointing to the local site (both in absolute path and cache?)
Check these as well:

Code: Select all

$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://localhost/joomla';
$mosConfig_offline = '0';
If that is not the problem post your local configuration.php

Or you may want to download the latest version of "Ravenswood sever" :
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/
Then import your content from the live site using Export Content there is a link in my signature info site here:
http://www.bestdownloadsites.com/export_content/ this will move all your site content.
You would then need to setup any links and third party stuff.
This may not be the ideal solution but if the problem has persisted for so long without being resolved it may be a way forward. :)

howdwegethere
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Re: Moving / Exporting Joomla's mySql DB to another host or server via phpmyadmi

Post by howdwegethere » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:56 pm

WindWarrior

I would definitely make sure my cache was cleared and turned of if I was trying to fix a problem like this.

Are ALL the links diverting to the live site? Or is it just menu links?

Check that the links you are following are not absolute links - http://www.yoursite.com/page by hovering over them without clicking.

I use JSAS to host development on my desktop. My links will point to http://localhost:85/dev_site/page when I hover over them.

Again, have you tried creating a new link in the local environment to see if that works? Does this problem occur in the admin area or just the front of site.

Sorry I'm just throwing out guesses here, but that is how I usually manage to resolve those sorts of problems.

Could it be the way you are hosting locally?

PresbyDave
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by PresbyDave » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 pm

I've been reading through all these helpful pages but I'm really stuck. Please forgive me if this was already asked/answered.

I developed a site on my local machine using MAMP. I exported the db to my local hd.

I created a new db on the hosting site and installed Joomla. I then made a new db and imported the db from my local machine. I checked the config.php to make sure everything was ok.

I can get to the site via the Joomla Admin and the content is there. But, when I set the site online, I get an Internal Server Error.  ???

Help!!!  :(

PresbyDave
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by PresbyDave » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:19 pm

This post may get moved but I really need help now.

Out of frustration, I decided to rebuild the site from scratch off the new hosting server. So, I setup a new database and installed a fresh Joomla. I ran through the installation without issue. I can login as the admin and did...but, once I set the site to "live" I get the Internal Server Error!!!!

I really need this site going. I talked to the provider (GoDaddy) and they pointed me to this forum.

Anyone?  ???

Nevermind, I got it! It appears as if a module was causing the issue. I started again from scratch and was turning on modules one at a time (and then refreshing the site). The last module I turned on created the Internal Server Error. When I turned the module off, the site came back up. Interesting but I'm glad the site is up and running.

:D
Last edited by PresbyDave on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WindWarrior
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by WindWarrior » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 pm

PrsebyDave
Whats was the module you turned off ?
I was also going to suggest posting a copy of your config.php file.

I have found that if I install new modules/components to the local server and then upload (copy) the joomla install to the live site I get a number of possible errors.
The work around I have devised is to make the changes locally (build/modify/install)
Then I copy the database and export.
In the live site I import the new database and then manually install the new components/modules/mambots through the admin installation page

A bit of doubling up but it seems to work 100% of the time as opposed to spending days/weeks trying to work out why the live site wont run like the local or visa versa

PresbyDave
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by PresbyDave » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 am

WindWarrior,

Good advice. I was really confused about this until I started working with the modules.
The module I turned off was Bible Verse of the Day.

vitormetralha
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vitormetralha » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:24 am

Hi everyone

Someone knows why after i move sql db and all the content, when i try to access the site, the page turns white, with nothing in it?

Steve
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Steve » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Someone knows why after i move sql db and all the content, when i try to access the site, the page turns white, with nothing in it?
Check the paths in  /configuration.php also make sure there is no white space before or after the tags as this can cause a blank page as well.  :)

McWatt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by McWatt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:56 am

Hi everyone,
I just moved a Joomla site I developed locally to a server and everything went smoothly from the dump to the import to the upload of files. I reconfigured configuration.php and loaded the site in a browser without a hitch. The only problem I'm having is that if i try to create any new content items (so far, static pages, new users) a new ID isn't assigned to the item, and therefore all new items are useless. Could this have something to do with the database dump and import? I read through the posts in this topic and elsewhere in the forum and haven't seen anyone having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Erik

dev computer:
PHP Version 5.0.5
MySQL Version 5.0.15-nt

server:
PHP Version 4.4.5
MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard

All necessary folder are writable.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:50 pm

@McWatt.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Can it be that the tables have lost the auto_increment setting, so it doesn't automatically add a new id number to the entry?

McWatt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by McWatt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Thanks! I've spent many a night perusing these forums but never had the need to post until now. I was also thinking that it had something to do with the auto_increment setting so I re-dumped the database and made sure that it was checked.

I also installed a fresh version of joomla (using a new db but the same dbuser) on the new server (shared virtual server) and it worked as expected so I would think that it must have something to do with the transfer and not server settings (such as dbuser permissions).

Tonight I'll re-re-dump and double-check everything. Thanks!

McWatt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by McWatt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:34 pm

@Tonie - Looks like you were right. I think I found the solution here:

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread ... ysql+error

McWatt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by McWatt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:00 am

I solved my issue by following the steps below and skipping the step in red even though I was moving from a test server (xampp on xp machine).

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=72349

allo-institut
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by allo-institut » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:15 pm

Hello!

I am trying to move my recently created joomla site to a different folder and a different mysql database.

When I import my .sql using php myadmin (both in a distant server and in localhost) I get this message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=4' at line 19

Can anyone help, please?

Please use simple instructions in your reply I am NOT an expert.

Thank you very much.

ps I have already read http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg122027, my error appears instead of step 14

jnichols
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jnichols » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:31 pm

I am trying to host my mysql db on one server and the actual site content(joomla) on another... for argument sake we will call them 192.168.100.2(site host) and 192.168.100.3(db host).

I have successfully backed up the db on 100.2 and inserted via the command (mysql -u root --password= testdb < /home/webmaster/backups/db/testdb2007-0412.db). Now I have a mirrored copy of the database on 100.2 and 100.3 and joomla still running properly on 100.2 via localhost.

I then edited the configuration.php file as follows:

$mosConfig_host = '192.168.100.3;
$mosConfig_smtphost = '192.168.100.3'; from $mosConfig_smtphost = 'localhost'; (tried changing back to localhost to no avial)
$mosConfig_db = 'joomla';

I have the same db names and same user name with same permissions is set on both servers. And still receive the joomla "site is down page please contact the system admin"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin 
Last edited by jnichols on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jnichols
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jnichols » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm

I figured out issue..... It was SELinux that was blocking the service.. I went into /etc/sysconfig/selinux and disabled selinux restarted the computer and it worked.

thojen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thojen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:34 am

Hey guilliam
Thanks alot for spending time making a FAQ for us newbies  ;)

When I'm uploadig my MYSQL i get a error message:

[ftp=ftp://#1044 - Access denied for user 'ouig9865'@'localhost' to database 'sjensen_eu']#1044 - Access denied for user 'ouig9865'@'localhost' to database 'sjensen_eu'

[/ftp]

Do you have any solutions? Hope you can help

From Thomas

foxxx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by foxxx » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi,

I moved the Joomla files to another server, stored the sql database and the only thing I can is work with the administrator. Then I see everything. As soon as I will view the actual website there's nothing to see.

If I import a sql database from a newly installed Joomla it does show the website. So the problem has to be in the sql-export/import
Anybody an idea?

Regards,
Foxxx
Last edited by foxxx on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dkiggens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dkiggens » Sat May 05, 2007 3:29 am

I'm getting the Error #1044 too. ??? ???..any help on that one yet? I love this stuff!

Help
Debs

qwik3r
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by qwik3r » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:18 pm

same 1044 access problem....anyone?

dkiggens
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dkiggens » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:28 pm

I think what I found out was I needed to add a www to the the url in the config file for the live site...I THINK

Debs

hardkiffeur
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hardkiffeur » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:06 am

Hi all

After my first upload db I find some issues between my xampp dev environment and my lamp prod environment !

Just export my local db with the "compability mode SQL" at the right value for me : MYSQL40 and no more issues at the import like :

Syntax : "latin1_general_ci" default NULL

So if your import failed (with default values) try like me to configure the export options !

dev Mysql&Php environement :
Client API version 5.0.27
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

prod Mysql&Php environment :
Client API version 4.0.24
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

Just a the Unicode issue ..... é and other disappear and é
only on the modules (menus) or components not in the articles !

Just be carfull the next time when I'll create database for the dev installation and the create db on the prod server to check if the two are with same like : utf-8...
Peace And Love

darkstar97
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by darkstar97 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:53 am

Thanks guys for providing the help that you do.  It's goten me out of some tight jams, but you can still call me a noob at this.  My latest issues has me stumped and I have read everything I could to try to find an answer.  So my last resort is this post, so here is the problem:

When I moved the site from 1 host to another I had a problem with the save session path being unwriteable, but I patched it with the recomendations from this forum and got it working, but for some reason all the icons and pics are not showing up in the front end and back end.  Here is my server info from the backend:

PHP built On:  Linux slickback.gibhost.com 2.6.9-55.EL #1 Wed May 2 13:52:16 EDT 2007 i686 
Database Version:  5.0.27-standard 
PHP Version:  5.2.2 
Web Server:  Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.2.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a 
WebServer to PHP interface:  apache 
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC 
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1) 

and my url is

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rstinghe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rstinghe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi,

This is my first time when I'm forced to ask for direct support in a Joomla Forum  - though I have been reading lots of topics in this first year of using the CMS.
I'll try to be concise so, here it is:
I have three different websites and I have changed my host recently. I have been provided with a back-up of all my files and databases and I have tried to move them all to the new location. I have installed Joomla and moved databases for two of the sites with no problem but I have a problem with the third one.
What I have done:
1. Installed Joomla on the new location.
2. Imported the old database via phpMyAdmin ("import executed successfully"). I can see the database is imported OK since the tables are all there.

Online:
Whilst on the other two sites I can see all the pages as they were on the third one I see only a plain Joomla page. That leads me to think that Joomla has been installed correctly but, for some reason, it does not "draw" it's information from the imported database. I have checked the configuration.php file and I have tried to re-install (+ re-import db) several times.

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks for taking the time for all the newbies like me - really appreciated...

Radu

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:33 pm

How many databases do you have now? Can you browse the database with Phpyadmin which is mentioned in configuration.php? Take the jos_content for example. Can you see content in there?

rstinghe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rstinghe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a super-quick answer.
I have three databases (one for each site) but only one doesn't seem to work.
I have checked the jos_content for each of them and I realised that on the two that are working, the content is all there whereas the third one (the one with problems) I only see the ussal information for a "blank" Joomla page (Lorem ipsum etc...)
However, I have made the same import sequence for all of them!

Any idea on how this might have happened?

Thanks a lot (I will probably use more often this kind of support, it's great!)

rstinghe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rstinghe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:16 am

Hi, it's me again

I believe I found the problem (I hope) - though I still don't know how to solve it.
After several tries and tests I have realised that when I import the databases I get different results:
The ones that work are creating "jos_" tables (as in "jos_content")
The one that is causing problems is creating "joomla" tables (as in "joomlacontent")

Maybe somebody else run into the same problem?

Thanks a bunch for your support,

Radu

Return to “FAQ Discussion Board”