DISCUSSION: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login."

Discuss the FAQ's here, and get in touch with the FAQ Team.
denden
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: DISCUSSION: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login

Post by denden » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:15 am

This TOTALLY worked for me!  THANK YOU SO MUCH for explaining it, I saw the other threads, and didn't quite understand.

This proves that it's NOT Joomla mis-generating ID numbers, but it's a user-permission/menu-settings issue.  None of my read-more links have changed, but now they all work.

Propaganda wrote: The following topic made it all work for me:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... cseen.html

I followed the directions, and create a dummy new menu named 'hiddenmenu', and made sure I checked it was not published in the site modules list.
Next in the admin backend I went to: content > section manager.
For each section I did the following:
- clicked the section name
- copied the title towards from the title field towards the 'menu item name' field on the right
- selected the hiddenmenu item
- select the 'section list' from the drop down list options
- finally clicked the 'link to menu button.

Next closed this screen, and did the same for all the sections I had listed.

And now it finally works, I can be logged out from the website, and still click latest news items, or place links to topics on my website which are public on in emails....etc

Hope this helps people out a bit more.....it took me 3 days to find this sollution....
(Thanks stingrey for the sollution!!)

gr. Frank
Last edited by denden on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: DISCUSSION: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login

Post by Chris » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 am

This might have been mentioned before but most login problems could be  associated time setting time and/or yoursite.com / http://www.yoursite.com in configuration.php.

The time differences of the server and the client.
content was puiblished with a date well in advance of the server time.
Check the server time and the times of the article in administartion

Enter a line in your .htaccess file to direct anyone accessing your site to go to the same as in mosConfig_live_site (with or without www.)

There is no failure until you give up.

Chris

elexalert
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by elexalert » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 pm

I need to know how to change the wording for this. I can't find the file. Can I please get some help?
Altemplates
Visit http://www.AlTemplates.com

cronlin
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: DISCUSSION: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login."

Post by cronlin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:45 pm

I don't know if this will help everyone or not, but what I had to do to correct the issue was delete the menu link anytime I had to set it to a higher than public access setting.

There were a couple of files that I had published to special while I worked on them, then reset it to public and that's when no one would be able to view them..... so either don't publish it and use an extension like My Content to view it or create a new menu link with public access when you're finished with the editing...
As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

If you want to know what "coulda", "shoulda", and "woulda" gone wrong, send it my way! I have a natural ability of mucking things up!

pablos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pablos » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:31 pm

zigzag wrote: I have this problem with deleted items, instead of showing a 404 it says "You are not authorized..."
I am having the same problem i have to login to get the 404 page i am using joomfish and Artio its a funny one and its doing me head lol

Alvin c
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvin c » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Ive had this problem for a year now  :(

when a new user registers and tries to purchase a product he gets "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login"

however old users can still purchase but any users since march last year have this problem

beginnerr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by beginnerr » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:14 am

if you still having this problem probably you are using opensef ! so open manage friendly urls and delete whatever you see there and then click on the link you having problem with and see no problem left!!guaranteed,,,

pablos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pablos » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 am

beginnerr wrote: if you still having this problem probably you are using opensef ! so open manage friendly urls and delete whatever you see there and then click on the link you having problem with and see no problem left!!guaranteed,,,
Im not using the opensef im using the other version joomsef which is created by the same developer. So if i did what you say will it work for the joomsef version??

beginnerr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by beginnerr » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:14 am

the solution i wrote here was for opensef users! but if you still have manage friendly urls, delete them all.just try what can you lose?in this forum nobody helps!! whenever you made a new topic they refering you to other topics which created b4 but nobody replied!!
so you have to try and see

Alvin c
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvin c » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 am

beginnerr wrote: if you still having this problem probably you are using opensef ! so open manage friendly urls and delete whatever you see there and then click on the link you having problem with and see no problem left!!guaranteed,,,
i dont use opensef,

Alvin c
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvin c » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Can some please help me here as i said its beena year and i cannot sell any products on my site because new users that register get "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login"

I dont have open sef installed, so i really dont know what else to do here please !!!!

As well  i see this error is even on this Joomla site , here is a link i tried to follow in the forum http://www.joomla.org/content/view/2446/1/

Click the link and see what error it gives you  ;D

jacobobelbo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: DISCUSSION: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login."

Post by jacobobelbo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:50 pm

Can't view new published STATIC CONTENT:

A while ago I started experiencing problems viewing published static-content-items. I thought it was a server problem,  because dreamhost had some problems and made some changes. They told me to upgrade to Joomla 1.0.12,  but that doesn't solve the problem either.

I still can't view any "new" static content  items.  When I try to view the items from the front-end it asks me to login in even though I set the item to be viewed publicly.

Help appreciated.
-- Rakkarunge

bachya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bachya » Tue May 29, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm having the same problem with some article pages that I'm creating.  It's not a problem with the permissions - it seems to be a problem with the publish period.  With the default date and time (which is about 2 hours before the current time), I get the "You are not authorised to view this resource. You need to login" message.  However, if I change the Start Publishing date and time to yesterday, it works.

This led me to think the date/time/timezone/etc. on my server was wrong - however, I have NTP running and the date/time/timezone/etc. all look fine.

Given that it appears to still be a time issue, does anyone have any insight on this issue?

Return to “FAQ Discussion Board”