MijoShop

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

MijoShop

Post by flashpointmm » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:19 am

Can someone please tell me what the situation is with MijoShop.

I understand the extension has been "unpublished" on the Joomla Extensions Directory, with the explanatory note linking to the UR10 Violation which details the reasons, but also states that a developer can/may be reinstated.

I have also found an article claiming MijoShop has been permanently banned!
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 4171,d.dGI

Is this true, and if so, where does it leave the extension? I only use the Joomla Extension Directory to source extensions and would imagine many others do likewise. Is this the end for MijoShop, and should I be looking for another shopping cart?

Most frustrating is the seemingly total lack of information or even discussion about the situation, and what it means for end users...

denisdulici
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: MijoShop

Post by denisdulici » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 am

That claim is not true and an official announcement will be made by our side very soon.

We did also open a topic on this forum for discussion but it was censored...

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=836784

Rgrds,
Denis Dulici

flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by flashpointmm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks for the response, however I'm still none the wiser. It appears to be a question only the JED team can answer. Has MijoShop been permanently banned from all listings in the Joomla Extensions Directory?

Interesting to note that all reference to MijoShop has been removed from the article linked in my previous post!

... the plot thickens... :pop

RoyBrown
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyBrown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Is there any update on this? I have recently switched to Mijoshop and looking very positive so far but this is of some concern.

Thanks,

Roy

flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by flashpointmm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 pm

but this is of some concern.
How right you are Roy!

I have been engaged by a client some weeks ago to build an e-commerce site. Being familiar with MijiShop I quoted accordingly, however I cannot/will not knowingly implement an extension that may very well have a limited lifespan (no support, no bug fixes, no upgrades etc).

I have been delaying the site build as a result, hoping to get some clarification. I could go with another extension, but this would require a whole new learning curve, and possibly a great waste of time, should MijoShop ever be allowed to re-list.

It would appear the developers have breached the rules... but the rules don't state what the penalty is. Other than a 3rd party report, there has been absolutely no word from JED as to the true state of play.

I think this is very unfair on the Joomla users who work with MijoShop.

Perhaps I may suggest a solution...

The JED team have penalized a developer, who it appears has deliberately misconstrued the JED rating system. JED has clearly drawn a line in the sand on this, and the developers are now painfully aware of the consequences, as every other developer would be. MijoShop has no doubt lost sales and a great chunk of their reputation in the process. JED has made it's point... loud and clear.

It's time to put the matter to rest, reinstate MijoShop to the directory (who I'm sure have learned their lesson and will promise never to do it again) and stop penalizing those of us who are trying to get on with their work.

Please JED, it's time to break your silence on this...

RoyBrown
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyBrown » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi flashpointmm,
I agree. I do not know the details of alleged breach but without JED stating what the punishment is it seems very unfair for the company and the users. I have used Joomla since before v1 and have invested a lot of time and resources moving to MijoShop. I do not condone any alleged manipulation of reviews but it is widespread on the Internet (TripAdvisor, Amazon etc) and seems very heavy handed of JED and seem to be making an example of one company at the expense of - in my view - one of the best Joomla shop extensions and at the expense of my business. Can they not give them say a 2 month ban and then allow back with a black mark / badge for a while to highlight breach so people can decide for themselves?
I very much hope JED review the situation and take a pragmatic view for the benefit of those who are trying to run a business.
/rant
Roy

mattbaylor
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mattbaylor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:55 pm

We will not share specifics about any developer or user. Whatever the note says on an unpublished listing is the only info you will get.

The terms of service is pretty clear of the rules and consequences. If someone chooses to continuously abuse the rules, waste our time and/or intentionally game the system for their own gains, at some point they will be indefinitely suspended.

Just because something happens elsewhere does not mean we should just turn a blind eye.

This is far from 'making an example'. We have been dealing these types of activities in the same way for years. It doesn't matter if you have a small plugin or a big popular extension, the rules apply the same way for everyone.
JED Team Manager
This is an object-oriented system. If we change anything, the users object.
Unsolicited forum PM's get binned. Please use the forum or Help Desk.

denisdulici
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by denisdulici » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

@flashpointmm, @RoyBrown
As I already said, the JED claim is totally false and we're going to publish a detailed article about this on our site very soon (here it gets censored). So there is no sense to beg for mercy when you've not commit an offense!

RoyBrown
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyBrown » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi mattbaylor,
You infer a lot from your post without giving any details. I do not need to know the details but knowing the punishment handed out beyond 'suspended' would help me evaluate my options. I did not say you should 'turn a blind eye'. I think JED need to be pragmatic and not so high handed. I am totally appalled by JED on their actions based on the information given, more so than what any developer did or did not do.
To clarify, I have no connection with the company involved other than being a customer.
Yours,
Roy

mattbaylor
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mattbaylor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Roy-

What more do you need to know beyond what is already displayed? A suspended listing shows the reason and you can see in the terms of service what a suspension entails.

I'm not sure why you perceive it as high handed. It takes quite a bit of intentional effort to get removed. No different than any other service, you don't abide by the rules you agree to, you end up losing the privilege of using said service.

I know of no other service that details the suspension of a user beyond a basic indication that the account is suspended.
JED Team Manager
This is an object-oriented system. If we change anything, the users object.
Unsolicited forum PM's get binned. Please use the forum or Help Desk.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 pm

how other projects deal with rule transgressions.
http://wordpress.org/plugins/about/guidelines/ - item 18
We reserve the right to alter this list in the future. We reserve the right to arbitrarily disable or remove any plugin for any reason whatsoever. Basically, this is our repository, and we will attempt to maintain a standard of conduct and code quality. We may not always succeed, but that is our goal, and we will do whatever we feel is necessary in furtherance of that goal.
drupal to complex to find the answer

personal thoughts on this thread prefixed asterix [*]
but also states that a developer can/may be reinstated.
* does not mean it will

http://joomlabe.at/podcast/ep52-joomla- ... gpl-or-gpl
Interesting to note that all reference to MijoShop has been removed from the article linked in my previous post!
* ask the podcast owner why that happened?
penalizing those of us who are trying to get on with their work.
* suport is still available from their website afaik
JED has clearly drawn a line in the sand on this, and the developers are now painfully aware of the consequences, as every other developer would be. MijoShop has no doubt lost sales and a great chunk of their reputation in the process. JED has made it's point... loud and clear.
* relying on one source of advertising/income is very bad commercial practice
Can they not give them say a 2 month ban and then allow back with a black mark / badge for a while to highlight breach so people can decide for themselves?
* would people take notice of a black mark on the listing?

mattbaylor-
This is far from 'making an example'. We have been dealing these types of activities in the same way for years. It doesn't matter if you have a small plugin or a big popular extension, the rules apply the same way for everyone.
The terms of service is pretty clear of the rules and consequences. If someone chooses to continuously abuse the rules, waste our time and/or intentionally game the system for their own gains, at some point they will be indefinitely suspended
* denisdulici - just publish your side of the story as you have promised to repeatedly.

Now perhaps we will wait and see his side and anyone with questions should direct them to mijo themselves where i am sure they will handle all pre/during/post sales as normal.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by flashpointmm » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:42 am

I can't believe this!!! Please return to my original question...

Has MijoShop been PERMANENTLY banned?

reecejom3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by reecejom3 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:56 pm

This is from thir new website

As you may know, our extensions have been unpublished from JED with a totally untrue reason, fake reviews. Of course that we have loss after this unfair action but it's more than clear that we're not the only ones. The whole Joomla ecosystem has also incured losses as new users won't be able to find our qualified extensions and support which will force them to choose other systems.

The biggest problem of Joomla is it's management/leadership strategy. We're not the first one saying this, you can find a lot of articles around, like this one. I want to say that there are people trying to increase their popularity and push their leadership position up over our case. My advice to them would be to not trust so much to the people around. I'll write another detailed post about our case on JED and the missing "check and balance" of Joomla.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”