JLinker - Mass menu link generator - information needed

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

JLinker - Mass menu link generator - information needed

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 am

Hi,

We have recently published an extension called JLinker Menu Generator for Joomla.
It's been accepted and published in the JED, then unpublished a few days after.

The issue is that there is absolutely no information about the reason of the removal from the listings.
No status code, no information to explain the reasons of suspension.

We just suddenly realized it wasn't there anymore, after having spent some budget on adwords for the JED link.
I'm sure the JED team always has good reasons when it's decided to unpublish an extension.

Wouldn't it be great to have a message saying it's happening, if explaining why is not possible?

*** EDIT ***
JED Listing page: http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ ... -generator

All we've done to be unpublished is to ask HOW to change the url to:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ ... -generator
Last edited by JLinker on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: information needed

Post by mandville » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 am

please submit a ticket.
check your spam folder in case you were sent a message about it
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:38 am

We've now realized that the extension's page says: "UR12-General Guideline Violation (See Notes)"

So I GUESS, it's because we've asked the url to be jlinker-menu-generator instead of jlinker-generator.
Isn't it a little bit brutal to unpublish an extension because the developer asked how to change the page name?

Replying "you need to rename the extension and resubmit" would have been more than enough to answer the question.
For having asked "how to change the url", we get unpublished in response.

I've read on some blogs that the JED team is very busy and is trying it's best to keep everyone happy.
In this very case, I believe that sending a short email is less time consuming than unpublishing the extension, see the developer support requests grow and then publish it again when the said issue is fixed.

We are happy to keep jlinker-generator as a name for the extension, which means that being punished for having asked the question was more than unnecessary.

If the naming issue is not the one we've GUESSED, would it please be possible to have more information about the naming issue?
Otherwise, we would like to keep the existing name for now and see the extension come back into the JED.
Last edited by JLinker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLinker Facebook Tabs for Joomla, Virtuemart, Kunena, K2, JEvents, Hikashop, J2Store | JLinker Menu Generator | https://www.jlinker.com

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 am

mandville wrote:please submit a ticket.
check your spam folder in case you were sent a message about it
Submitting a ticket is the first thing we did.
Spam box checked, no messages.

We just hope that re-publishing the extension is going to be as quick as unpublishing it.
JLinker Facebook Tabs for Joomla, Virtuemart, Kunena, K2, JEvents, Hikashop, J2Store | JLinker Menu Generator | https://www.jlinker.com

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:22 pm

please mandville, we love joomla, we've placed a lot of hope in this extension and being treated like this is very demotivating. we just need someone to press the "publish" button for our extension if the reason of the unpublishing is not justified.

if the reason for sanctioning the extension is actually justified, we will be more than happy to take the required actions, in order to comply with the JED rules.

Right now, the issue is to loose all seo efforts and communication budget involved on a basis that is maybe not justified. we can't really tell, as the unpublishing comes with no information.
can you do something for us?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: JLinker - Mass menu link generator - information needed

Post by mandville » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:52 pm

I have am not On the listings team and therefore can only suggest you submit a ticket and wait.
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:54 pm

just so that every one knows what happened:

1- We've submitted the extension with:
=> "com_jlgenerator.zip" as a file name
=> "JLinker - Joomla Menu Generator" as extension name in the JED

2- The extension has been approved and published in the JED
The url displayed for the page was jlinker-generator.
Developers don't have the control on what the url should be.
Is it a script that creates the url for us, or a real person?

=> The jlinker-generator url that has been attributed to us corresponds to NOTHING. It's not the file name, it's not the extension name we've provided either

3- We've posted a ticket asking HOW to change jlinker-generator to jlinker-menu-generator

4- As a reply, we get the extension unpublished from the JED with "naming issues" as unique comment, nothing else.
This is weeks of hard work sent to the trash with just a click on a button.

We don't know what the naming issue is. The unpublisher has found wise to unpublish first, and see later for the justifications.
We're not even asking for the extension to be published, just asking for explanations along with the unpublish action, so that we can take the necessary measures.

I don't know if this is just an accident or if it's the way most of the extensions are dealt with, but it's really a put off to see hard work processed that way.

Nothing personal here, but there are only 2 possibilities:
n°1- The extension shouldn't have been published
n°2- The extension shouldn't have been unpublished

Considering that the reason of unpublishing is "Naming Issues" for a name that is not taken or copyrighted, n°2 must be true if n°1 is not.

We hope someone involved in the JED validation process will read this and see that there is an obvious misunderstanding about what should have been done regarding this submission.
Last edited by JLinker on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:10 am

day 3
The extension error code has been changed to PE1, but still not a single word from the support.
The PE1 status is not in the error codes list. Are we allowed to know what it means?

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:46 pm

day 4
The extension error code has been changed to "TM2 - Extension Name Violation".

We've had some news from the validation team, not through the ticket system. We haven't had any reply there to the tickets opened for nearly a week.

However the JED team guys we had contact with have been very nice and very patient. Special thanks to them.
I continue the request for help here because I have the feeling nobody will ever answer our tickets.
I have the same feeling about the forum, but at least we can take solace in watching the number of views for the post grow.

Hopefully, someone in the validation team will finally drop us a line for help so that we can understand what is wrong with the TM2 status.

Could we please have more information about why the extension is now in TM2?
The error code list says:
All extension names in your listing that use a version of the trademark in the URL, must be registered and approved by Open Source Matters prior to listing approval. However, using "Joomla XYZ Product" is not allowed (as of 2009). You may use MyProduct for Joomla as long as it's registered with OSM.
As far as we can see in the listing that we created, the name "Joomla" is used only in the description of the extension.
Example 1 : "This extension works with Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3x".
Example 2 : "This extension allows you to create links for Joomla content and Joomla categories".

Is that forbidden by the TM2 rule?

If you have a look at the Community Builder page, we can see that they use the word "Joomla" in the description of the extension:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ ... ty-builder

Apart from that, we can't see anywhere else the name Joomla is used in our listing.
Extension file name: jlmenugenerator.zip
Extension listing name: JLinker - Menu Link Generator
Extension website: jlinker.com

Is there anything in this list that needs to be approved by OSM?
Were is the TM2 issue in our listing?

Thanks to anyone who could bring us a bit of light in this darkness, because we've been chatting with a bot so far.
It will take months to publish the extension if we have to litteraly guess what the bot means everytime it detects a problem.
In certain cases, 3 words from a human validator would make such a difference in the experience developers have with the JED validation process.

Thanks again to the JED team for their great work. We are conscious of the challenges of running such a big thing.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Please forum moderators, even if you're not involved in the validation process, passing the link of this thread to someone who is would be great help.

JLinker - Menu Link Generator for Joomla is free and - we think - truely useful for Joomla administrators and developers, because it's a major gain of time when creating menu Joomla menu links.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:15 pm

totally personal POV as i am not involved in processing of this extension but attempt to provide guidance and patience
Apart from that, we can't see anywhere else the name Joomla is used in our listing.
Extension listing name: JLinker - Menu Link Generator
Extension website: jlinker.com
you originally said 24/03
1- We've submitted the extension with:
=> "com_jlgenerator.zip" as a file name
=> "JLinker - Joomla Menu Generator" as extension name in the JED
so you did actually submit it with an invalid title, not just the description. As you use CB as an example, they are not "joomla community builder" or "community joomla builder" . why not just call it
MENU LINK GENERATOR
FOR JOOMLA
=> The jlinker-generator url that has been attributed to us corresponds to NOTHING. It's not the file name, it's not the extension name we've provided either
possibly it stripped the word "joomla" as being invalid?

first you say
However the JED team guys we had contact with have been very nice and very patient. Special thanks to them.
then you say
I continue the request for help here because I have the feeling nobody will ever answer our tickets. I have the same feeling about the forum,
are these jed people helping your listing issues or not? are they doing it officially? if you are receiving support then waiting on responses in the ticket (where all issues should be) or in the forum (where it duplicates work) is confusing.
Right now, the issue is to loose all seo efforts and communication budget involved
as has been said before, using the jed as your main revenue stream is reckless. why did you not buy all those keywords for your main site, or did you seo stuff the jed description?

the forum moderators and admins will continue to point you in the direction of the official and correct route. the ticket system.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:26 pm

First of all, thank you for your answer mandville. With no irony, the answers are rare enough to be fully appreciated.

As I said, I had some news from the JED. We were just asking for explanations and we've had them.
Because it wasn't official no details for these exchanges will be given here.
We cannot keep bothering the guy who helped us either, because it was out of pure kindness.

I haven't put the details of what was said to us in the previous posts, which is why you have the feeling to be missing some clues.
In very short:

1- The extension has first been submitted as jlgenerator.zip
After having being published (probably by human), it's been unpublished for "naming issues" (probably by a bot).
I've opened this post because I didn't understand the message from the bot. Thinking that thte issue was with the file name, it's been renamed to jlmenugenerator.zip and resubmitted, BEFORE we get any news from the JED.

After this action, the status went to PE1.The only info I found on the web about PE1 is a post you wrote a while ago, saying this code is going to be removed: https://joomlaextensionsdirectory.atlas ... e/JDEV-850
Since there is no information anywhere about PE1, we thought asking in the forum would be a good idea. Isn't it?

2- The feedback we had yesterday from the JED about the UR12 naming issue is that there was "Joomla" in the extension title

So we've the removed "Joomla" from the extension name to solve the UR12, and resubmitted last night. Since the extension had already be renamed to jlmenugenerator.zip, we thought there was no harm in keeping it. It's actually more explicit.

3- Today, the status moved to TM2 - Extension Name Violation
So I come back to the forum to ask where there is a violation, as I can see it.
As I said, "Joomla" is visible only in the description and I can't see where the issue is, so I come back for advice.

You said
as has been said before, using the jed as your main revenue stream is reckless. why did you not buy all those keywords for your main site, or did you seo stuff the jed description?
We're not using the JED as a main revenue stream. We're working on SEO but as you know, these things take time to show results.
For a launch, advertising on the JED helps because it's popular, trusted and highly visited. Of course, counting only on a JED page is not enough, but it can make a difference in the 1st weeks after launch.

This is not a post to complain about the JED team.
It's just a post to point out that having error codes without knowing WHERE the problem lies is tricky.
It's litterally like having an error message from PHP, with no line number for the error.

After having answered you, I'd like to insist on the fact that we're still at the same point.
We have an error code saying that "Joomla" shouldn't be used in the name of the extension, but I can't see anywhere this "Joomla" is used, if not in the description. Reason why I point Community Builder, because they use "Joomla" in their description.

As a bot will probably keep telling us the same thing for the next years without blinking, we just hope that a human will able to say "line 14, not allowed".

A few words that would make us move from hell to heaven. We don't know what it takes for the JED team as they are very busy volunteers, but at list we can hope.

No worries about the ticket system. I'm on it and we've been refreshing the page every 10 minutes, everyday and night, for about a week, and we will carry on. But comments from humans are really what we need, which is why I'd like to thank you again for the time you spend reading and writing on this post.

Thanks a lot to anyone who could bring us some light.
Last edited by JLinker on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:37 pm

by the way, you said that in "JLinker - Joomla Menu Generator" , maybe the bot has stripped Joomla away.

If i strip Joomla away from the name, I should have "JLinker - Menu Generator".
The url allocated was "jllinker-generator".

If your assumption is right, why did "Menu" get stripped too?

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:16 pm

ok, I've been checking the listing again and again, I can't see were the TM2 - Extension Name Violation is.
So I'll post the listing here, in case more experienced eyes would find something.
Thanks a lot.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:25 pm

This is STRICTLY the listing for which we had the TM2 - Extension Name Violation today.
Seriously, if someone finds a name violation please help because a bot won't be able to explain this to us.

Extension name: JLinker - Menu Link Generator
Version: 1.1
Site url: http://www.jlinker.com

Extension description:
JLinker Menu Link Generator allows you to mass/bulk create menu links for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x. This menu link generator is able to mass create links for Joomla content and Joomla categories.

JLinker Menu Link Generator can reproduce content tree structures in the menu links created. For example, if you want to generate links for Joomla categories with a parent/child items structure, the extension will take care of creating the corresponding parent/child link structure in the target menu.

You can generate hundreds or even thousands of menu links, in just a few clicks!
Extensions are also available for K2, Virtuemart, JDownloads, Phoca Downloads and Community Builder.

JLinker Menu Link Generator creates native Joomla menu links. The created links are fully SEO compliant and will work the Joomla way for the aliases creation.

**Features**
* Load content by extension and select items to generate links for.
* Load and generate links by language
* Edit title and alias values before generating the menu links
* Select a target menu for the generated menu links
* Select a parent link for the generated menu links
* Select a language for the generated menu links
* Select the Joomla access level for the generated menu links (default Public)
* Flat structure yes/no : says if the tree structure of the content should apply to the links
* Choose layouts and/or templates for the generated links

**IMPORTANT NOTE: Apache php.ini settings**
There is a parameter on Apache servers called max_input_vars.
This parameter says how many variables can be passed to the server in one request.

By default, max_input_vars is often set to 1000, which means that you will not be able to generate more than 1000 links at once with JLinker Menu Link Generator. If you try, the server will just reject the request silently and no links will be generated.

If you have more than 1000 links to generate, you should probably make sure this php.ini parameter has been adjusted to fit your needs.

**Upgrade Note**
In order to upgrade from v1.0 to v1.1, just uninstall the old package and install the new one, available below.

**JLinker Mass Menu Generator v1.1 change log**
*Changed the component name from jlgenerator.zip to jlmenugenerator.zip for compliance with the Joomla Extension Directory requirements.
*Updated the libraries and extensions to reflect the name change.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:23 pm

you are incorrect
The only info I found on the web about PE1 is a post you wrote a while ago, saying this code is going to be removed:
it was not me that said that. .
as you have submitted the ticket and now have an insider person who is aware of your issues. i find that i am no longer able to provide you any more information without going in circles.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 pm

I just saw mandville as a signature and since we're talking about joomla, i thought it was you. how could I think differently when I see the same username answering JED questions?
i'm genuinely sorry if I'm incorrect on who wrote that.

But is this really important? the point was just to say that it's the only information i found about PE1 on the WHOLE WEB.
So my question wasn't who wrote that, but what is PE1? I still don't know.

I'm not sure why you're talking about going in circles. I haven't seen any circle here.
As you can see, the satuses have been progressing, but not our understanding of it.

I've got a TM2 - Extension Name Violation on the listing above, and I'm trying to figure out why.

Because I can't see why, I'm posting the question on the forum.
Why do we have to go through so many topics when I'm just asking for complementary information about error codes.

I don't know if you've tried to post a message through the ticket system but personally, after a week refreshing the page hoping for an answer with no luck, I lost faith. The ticket is posted, maybe I'll have a reply in a few weeks. Maybe not.

For now the listing details are here, and the bot won't tell me where there is something wrong.
It's not because one is not in the JED validation team that he's got no helpful experience or opinion.
If the word Joomla is used the wrong way here, I still hope some experienced eyes will agree to pass a kind tip.

Thanks in advance to the whole Joomla team and to anyone who knows about how to get out of this bot monologue.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:16 pm

just in case, here is the ticket message sent to the support team.
Hi,
The validation bot says "TM2 - Extension Name Violation".
I understand that the name "Joomla" must be used wrongly somewhere.
But looking a the listing, "Joomla" is used only in the description. Could you please point where the problem is?
We really need help to figure this out.
A forum thread has been opened here to expose the issue in detail:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=880912
Thanks a lot.
As I said, after a week staring at my ticket queue with no answer to previous messages, I don't see why this ticket would get a prompt and sudden answer. But really, I'd like to be wrong.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:53 am

ok someone has been kind enough to help. It's a pity I didn't find any help on the forum or through the ticket system.
What is wrong with this listing, according to the submission rules:
Use of the Joomla version is not permitted. ie: 'MyExtension for Joomla 3.0'
Indeed, the version is mentioned multiple times in this description.
Hopefully this will help some developers with the same kind of issues.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:18 am

day 7
I'd like to share some thoughts with developers who are discovering the JED and are planning to submit and extension.
The JED automated validation system is not supposed to be friendly or easy.

As Joomla is free for everyone to use, do not expect a "support service" for and extension submission, like Apple would offer. Indeed, Apple makes you pay the price for such a care.

The JED automated validation system is literally a natural selection tool. If you can't go trough it, search and try again.
If you don't survive it, it's your problem. If you pass the bot check then you'll probably have humans to help you go through other issues you could raise.

It's you and the bot, that's it. Understanding this might save you a lot of frustration when looking for help or answers about the submission system. This a very personal POV and others might have a different experience.

Good luck to the developers and thanks again to the Joomla team.
Last edited by JLinker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:16 am

day 8
Interesting...the great Akeeba Backup uses Joomla versions in the description:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... eba-backup

Example: "Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site."

I'm completely lost. Could someone form the JED please explain? Are the JED rules the same for everyone?

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:19 pm

btw, I'd like to insist on the fact that I'm not here to blame, complain or talk about democracy.
I don't mind what the other extensions are doing, or how the rules are applied to them. Just looking for a way out of the submission jungle, and it's a serious piece of work.

Explanations from the JED would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure it would help more than one reader of this forum.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

I can see a thread just below mine, asking if the ticket system works.
The guy is waiting for a reply to a post sent on the 16th of December 2014
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=881346

Seriously, do not be surprised that I didn't stay on my ticket queue waiting for an answer.
Who will wonder why he came to ask on the forum?
He's been waiting for 4 months, and I'm only on day 8. I'm a rookie.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

day 9
Still nothing, still waiting.
I used to be able to access this post from Google results.
At the moment if I type "JLinker Joomla" in Google, the thread shows in the results but clicking on it redirects to this post:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=881346

For those who want to try directly on Google:
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=jlinker+joomla

Is this and accident, a coincidence?

JazParkyn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JazParkyn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:04 am

Hi donatello.

I've just looked at the history of your extension and tickets - messages sent to you clearly state the issue with your extension. Please refer to my answer on your latest ticket (ID 2581):

"Unfortunately your listing still doesn't conform the naming guidelines - listing names cannot contain the word "Joomla", or any derivatives."

Your extension name on the JED is: "JLinker - Menu Link Generator for Joomla" and this does not conform - only when this has been corrected (along with any JED checker issues) will your extension be published.

Please note that creating multiple tickets in different categories will not mean that your questions get answered quicker.

Kind Regards,

Jaz

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:42 am

Hi JazParkyn,

Thank you so much for your contribution!
I've removed "for Joomla" from the extension name, resubmitted the extension and opened a ticket.

However, please note that "for Joomla" has been added 2 days ago, following the advice of Mandville above.
It means that all the questions I've asked remain unanswered.
Moreover, if I look at the JED Rules, this is what I see:
Extension names must include the words "for Joomla" ie: "MyExtension for Joomla" is permitted. "Joomla MyExtension" is not permitted.
This text is visible here, in the Trademark Checklist section:
http://extensions.joomla.org/support/kn ... checklists

Am I missing something?
Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I'm happy to do whatever is asked, as long as the extension gets a chance to reach the JED.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:47 am

JazParkyn wrote: I've just looked at the history of your extension and tickets - messages sent to you clearly state the issue with your extension. Please refer to my answer on your latest ticket (ID 2581):

"Unfortunately your listing still doesn't conform the naming guidelines - listing names cannot contain the word "Joomla", or any derivatives."
Your extension name on the JED is: "JLinker - Menu Link Generator for Joomla"
Please note that creating multiple tickets in different categories will not mean that your questions get answered quicker.
I used to be able to access this post from Google results.
why would that matter? you trying to seo optimise your complaints?
Who will wonder why he came to ask on the forum?
He's been waiting for 4 months, and I'm only on day 8. I'm a rookie.
he like you obviously didnt read the post that tessa made - i posted a quote on his topic.
I don't mind what the other extensions are doing, or how the rules are applied to them.
yet you referred to them continuously,
I'm completely lost. Could someone form the JED please explain? Are the JED rules the same for everyone?
yes, and that is why you started this "blog" as you fell foul of them.
btw, I'd like to insist on the fact that I'm not here to blame, complain or talk about democracy.
but thats what you have done since nearly day one. now please deal with your tickets. anyway as you are now getting support via the tickets system that is where you should keep your correspondence.
/unsubscribe

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 am

Once again, I've had all these issues without having "for Joomla" in the extension.
As it's been added 2 days ago, following your advice and the Trademark Checklist section, all questions asked remain.

The first ticket answer I've had regarding my issues is dated from today.
So Mandville shouldn't say that "we didn't read our tickets".

I say it again, I don't mind what the other extensions are doing.
If mine gets blocked for a reason, and I can see that other extensions do the same thing and are not blocked, is it surprising that I come here to ask why there is a difference in treatment?

One again, Community Builder and Akeeba Backup seem to be allowed things that mine is not.
I'm looking for answers, is that wrong?

Once again, I'm not blaming anyone and I'm sorry if you feel that.
My messages are quite clear: I'm just looking for help, and everyone will be able to read and judge.

Mandville, thank you for your contributions. When I see the effort you've put on the 2 posts you sent here, I can't help thinking that
answering questions would take less time than trying to show me why I shouldn't ask them.

Thanks anyway, your presence is better than a complete silence.
Last edited by JLinker on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

JazParkyn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JazParkyn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:04 am

donatello wrote:
Extension names must include the words "for Joomla" ie: "MyExtension for Joomla" is permitted. "Joomla MyExtension" is not permitted.
This text is visible here, in the Trademark Checklist section:
http://extensions.joomla.org/support/kn ... checklists
If you read below the section you reference, you will see that it states a license from OSM is required to use the word Joomla in your extension name, even if it is in the form "for Joomla".
The use of the word "Joomla" in extension names or domains listed in the JED requires a license by OSM.
Your extension has now been published as you have removed the word Joomla from its name. I have also replied to all of your tickets.

Please note the JED is run by volunteers, and as such you should not expect the support system timings to be similar to those of paid support - it requires a little patience :)

Kind Regards,
Jaz

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 am

JazParkyn, Mandville, THANK YOU SO, SO, SO, SOOOOOO MUCH FOR BEING THERE!!!!!!

JazParkyn, thank you for you patience and explanations. I now understand the "for Joomla" question and it feels good.
Sorry if I didn't manage to understand that by myself. I really tried.

I'm now happy to announce that JLinker is officially available on the JED!
Thanks again to the JED Team and of course, long life to Joomla!
Last edited by JLinker on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”