How long the waiting time is once the extension is submitted

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How long the waiting time is once the extension is submitted

Post by adiinviter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:47 am

Hello,

We have developed an extension for Joomla platform. We submitted it for listing on Nov 03 2015. Following are the extension details :

Extension ID : 11222
Extension Name : AdiInviter Pro
JED Account Username : adiinviter
Extension Home Page : http://www.adiinviter.com

We also checked the extension using JEDCHECKER and made the necessary changes. We submitted a ticket (Ticket ID : 7816) requesting recheck on NOV 06 2015. Can someone please look into this and let us know if there is anything we are still missing?

Any help will be much appreciated. :)
Thank You.

AdiInviter Team
Last edited by adiinviter on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: How long the waiting time is once the extension is submi

Post by herb200mph » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 pm

We've been howling about the JED in other posts, only to get slapped around by some of the senior folks at Joomla! We have asked why new extensions are not being made available - no viable answers.
Author: Joomla! 5: Boots on the Ground, Volume 1 @ Amazon.com
Author: Joomla! 4: BASIC TRAINING - Boots on the Ground @ Amazon.com
Joomla! Magazine - https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/ ... c-training

adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adiinviter » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 pm

@Jaz, Thank you for looking into this matter. We will shortly submit our extension zip to our listing and reply to the ticket.

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team
Last edited by adiinviter on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adiinviter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:38 pm

@Jaz Parkyn

Hello,

We have uploaded an updated extension zip to our listing. Kindly recheck.

Thank You.
AdiInviter Pro Team

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:06 pm

It may be uploaded and accessible, but it isn't listed as "new," and frankly, if I were on the JED Team, I'd be totally embarrassed that the "new" known issue isn't fixed by now.

In fact, I'd resign from the team if I were on it for something that appears to be an obvious simple fix, isn't fixed by now.

zomtec
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by zomtec » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:13 pm

@herb200mph
i wrote several tickets because of the new-extensions-issue more than 6 months ago and a JED team member answered
Jun 01, 2015 00:58 UTC

Thank you for letting us know. It was a bug that was recently fixed but looks like it came back. We will have the developer work on it asap.
asap!
so it looks like it wasn't possible till now :D

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks for the update. Us, and several others, have raised the issue in the past few weeks with no results. Glad someone finally paid attention. We've check the JED at least two to three times daily for the past 6 weeks and it has never displayed the "new" listings beyond early October.

Looking forward to seeing the new ones when it gets fixed.

zomtec
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by zomtec » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:35 pm

herb200mph wrote:Glad someone finally paid attention.
but the answere is nearly half a year old.
I don't give up hope, that they will fix it soon

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:47 pm

You have a good point - not sure who at PLT is in charge of the JED. The PLT has been tied up with some nasty organization type issues lately, so they are probably seriously distracted.

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:00 am

The PLT has absolutely nothing to do with the JED team. Their hands are full with the Joomla core :)

There has been no activity with the JED core code since we signed off the company who build it. We've been waiting on "processes" and finally ready to have volunteer developers start working on the JED.

We are opening up the JED core to the public for anyone to contribute to. If you are interested in contributing, please follow the JED Newsletters/blog for when we make announcements.

You can also see what the JED team is working on by going to the Volunteer Portal and viewing our upcoming JED team report which will be released on December 4th on Friday.

There has been no activity on the code since July 2015. I'm just as irritated about it as well. And yes, it's humiliating. I promise we are doing what we can to make things right.

I'm making the JED a priority over all my other volunteer work and would like to take responsibility for anyone who is affected by this.

Thank you
Tessa Mero
JED Team Assistant Manager
Production Leadership Team Member

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Finally. Someone has come up for air and explained what is going on, after months of stonewalling our requests, complaints and grousing. Thank you.

However, it does seem to be a strange way of management where you "sack" the company that built the JED - did they get paid to do that - and the length of time it has taken to find a replacement.

In any case, we are assuming that effort is being made to get the JED back on track with functionality, and hopefully, a redesign that doesn't have a listing consume the entire page with a huge, useless graphic. Make is smaller so we can see all the information on the screen w/o scrolling.

Thanks for the response Tessa.

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Herb200mph,

There isn't anyone in JED in "hiding" and coming out "for air". That's a bit of jumping to conclusions. If you want an actual explanation, it's because I've spent the last 6 months trying to find someone to take over the JED forums, but after new team members take a look at the type of responses/posts people make, they want nothing to do with it. Which ends up leaving it back to my responsibility every time. And I'm taking full responsibility of the forums and realize I may be the only person that will be managing it. I may as well just keep up with it. But blaming others is only unproductive and disrespectful, so as I've said before, only I am to blame here.

And you are correct, the JED current design is not great. I'm pretty sure I've added this to the team report before, but we have it redesigned but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Please stay up to date with JED Newsletters/blogs/volunteer reports to know what's going on. ;-) I'll try to get much more detailed each time to make sure we have no details missing.

If anyone ever has a question that think the answer should be given to the public, I'm happy to get a Private Message with the "question/answer to include into the JED report" so I can give a detailed explanation.

Hopefully it eventually comes to a point where there will rarely ever be a question with the JED team. This year has been a very rough year with all these changes, and now fixing the issues with the changes. :-\

Thanks for understanding.
Tessa Mero

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:14 pm

No need for any more, Tessa. You have responded tremendously more than anyone in the past, which simply chastised us for "daring" to raise the issues about the JED.

We have volunteered to serve on the JED a few years ago, and no one ever responded, so we just said "the hell with it" and left it at that.

We also raised some questions about the design, and were told to "shove it" because it isn't any concern of "ours." Yea, right.

Hearing from you has somewhat righted those wrongs - and we appreciate you candidness and forward looking attitude.

The "Assistant Manager" title you have should be changed to removed the "assistant."

Cheers.

zomtec
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by zomtec » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:22 pm

herb200mph wrote:The "Assistant Manager" title you have should be changed to removed the "assistant."
I agree

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Thanks for the kind remarks, everyone.

FYI The JED team manager puts in far more work than I do, but it's mostly behind the scenes that people do not see.

Have a wonderful week everyone. Do not hesitate to ask me questions that you think people would be afraid to ask. There's nothing to be afraid of. I always try to put myself in the extension developers shoes as well when giving responses.
Tessa Mero

adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adiinviter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:41 am

Hello Tessa,

We strongly appreciate your reply and efforts you are taking for managing JED. We just have1 last issue with our listing - it is not being listed under "New Extensions" category on JED. We have also opened a ticket under "Current Listing Support". Ticket Id : 8364.

We are not getting any traffic at all since our listing is not appearing under "New Extensions" category on JED. Please let us know if there are any issues with our submission. If there is a problem with JED itself then please let us know if our listing is ever going to appear under "New Extensions" category and how long will it take.

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:23 pm

adiinviter wrote:Hello Tessa,

We strongly appreciate your reply and efforts you are taking for managing JED. We just have1 last issue with our listing - it is not being listed under "New Extensions" category on JED. We have also opened a ticket under "Current Listing Support". Ticket Id : 8364.

We are not getting any traffic at all since our listing is not appearing under "New Extensions" category on JED. Please let us know if there are any issues with our submission. If there is a problem with JED itself then please let us know if our listing is ever going to appear under "New Extensions" category and how long will it take.

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team
Hi There,

This is a known issue in Jira here: https://joomlaextensionsdirectory.atlas ... e/JDEV-964

You can keep track of it here. We'll have developers soon working on fixing bugs. If you are interested in helping, please comment on the issues on how you'd fix it and we're happy to give you write access. :-)
Tessa Mero

Vimes
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Vimes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:50 pm

I have a conflict of interest here.

As a former ( a long time ago ) JED editor, I understand the need and desire of new component developers to have the JED promote their listings over the incumbent products.

As a third party dev who's been working on his product for 10 years, I feel that it's right that my dedication to my product be rewarded over newcomers who might be lazily trying to cash in on the current market.

I think that it would help newcomers to the market if their product is promoted in the scoring system by boosting their listing by N percent for the first 3 months of their listing period. If, after that, their product hasn't garnered much interest then it'll fall by the wayside. This should please most new users, and incumbents too.

[edit] The whole "3 months" thing and "N%" is thrown out for discussion/experimentation. I'm not married to either of those figures.
http://www.jomres.net THE online hotel booking and reservation system for Joomla and Wordpress.

adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adiinviter » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:49 am

Tessa Mero wrote:

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team
Hi There,

This is a known issue in Jira here: https://joomlaextensionsdirectory.atlas ... e/JDEV-964

You can keep track of it here. We'll have developers soon working on fixing bugs. If you are interested in helping, please comment on the issues on how you'd fix it and we're happy to give you write access. :-)
Hello Tessa,

Thank you for your kind reply.
We would love to help on this issue. Can you please provide us a URL to JED on Bitbucket? Can you also add us to jed dev chat? our email address is [email protected]

Thank You.
AdiInviter Pro Team

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 am

adiinviter wrote:
Tessa Mero wrote:

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team
Hi There,

Hello Tessa,

Thank you for your kind reply.
We would love to help on this issue. Can you please provide us a URL to JED on Bitbucket? Can you also add us to jed dev chat? our email address is [email protected]

Thank You.
AdiInviter Pro Team
I added you to our JED Dev chat. We can continue our conversation there since i may not return to this thread. :-)
Tessa Mero

adiinviter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adiinviter » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:14 am

Tessa Mero wrote: I added you to our JED Dev chat. We can continue our conversation there since i may not return to this thread. :-)
Hello Tessa,

Thank you for your quick responce.. We will continue this discussion on Glip. :)

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 am

adiinviter wrote:
Tessa Mero wrote: I added you to our JED Dev chat. We can continue our conversation there since i may not return to this thread. :-)
Hello Tessa,

Thank you for your quick responce.. We will continue this discussion on Glip. :)

Thank You
AdiInviter Pro Team
You're welcome, talk to you there!
Tessa Mero

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”