Does anyone respond to JED support tickets?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
VJ-Tools
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Does anyone respond to JED support tickets?

Post by VJ-Tools » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

I submitted a ticket on April 11 and followed up twice since that, but I haven't received any response. How do I get to talk to someone from JED?

Reasons:

#1: One of our extensions was "unpublished by admin" and I don't know why, nor have I received any notification about it.

#2: There has been a substantial drop in traffic to our website from JED in the last two weeks and I'm trying to figure out why.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Does anyone respond to JED support tickets?

Post by anibal_sanchez » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:33 am

Hi VJ,

Sorry for the delay. We are coping with a high load and we are in the process to grow our team of volunteers to address the open tickets. We are making our best to reduce the number of tickets in the queue.

Please, follow your ticket to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
@anibal_sanchez - Former JED Team Leader.

Prefix PHP Libraries & Projects: https://php-prefixer.com
My Extensions: https://extly.com

VJ-Tools
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VJ-Tools » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Thank you for your reply, Anibal. I would consider this a pretty urgent matter, however, given that one of our extensions was unpublished for some reason and that our traffic dropped significantly.

I would appreciate if someone would be able to look into this.

VJ-Tools
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VJ-Tools » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 pm

The unpublished extension issue was resolved and ticket closed. I didn't receive any feedback about the second issue regarding the drop in traffic, however, so I opened another ticket about rankings/ratings on April 23, for which I'm still waiting for support.

If someone would be able to help regarding that it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 pm

VJ-Tools wrote:The unpublished extension issue was resolved and ticket closed. I didn't receive any feedback about the second issue regarding the drop in traffic,
to clarify , are you complaining that being unpublished from the jed caused a drop in traffic.using the jed as your only inome stream is dangerous and covered in the jed
http://extensions.joomla.org/support/kn ... of-service
The information on this website is presented "as is" without warranty of any kind. OSM disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. In no event shall OSM be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue or loss of use, arising out of your use of this site, even if OSM has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Vimes
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Vimes » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:04 pm

mandville wrote:using the jed as your only inome stream is dangerous and covered in the jed
Which of course is a crock. The JED has the bulk of traffic, despite it's shortcomings.
http://www.jomres.net THE online hotel booking and reservation system for Joomla and Wordpress.

VJ-Tools
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VJ-Tools » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:22 pm

No, I'm not complaining about anything. I'm trying to figure out why traffic from JED in April is 58% lower than in March, and whether there were any changes to the rankings/ratings of our extensions within JED search results.

We did update our extension descriptions earlier this month, but as far as I'm aware that shouldn't adversely affect their ranking and thus traffic.

Does anyone have any insights as to why the traffic from JED is so drastically lower?

Thanks

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”