A month of pending status?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
malkowitch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

A month of pending status?

Post by malkowitch » Tue May 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Is it normal that my extension has "Pending" status for a month? It is just a module. The funny thing is when I open the extension page I see the popular tag. How is that even possible if extension is pending approval?

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: A month of pending status?

Post by itoctopus » Tue May 17, 2016 5:24 pm

If you don't get an expedient response here, then a good idea is to contact a member of the JED team through twitter. All of them are very helpful and will hopefully be able to resolve your problem.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

twitter is not the official or approved method of contacting the jed team and will likely be ignored.
you submit a ticket from your control panel in the jed. that provides full accountability
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

malkowitch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by malkowitch » Tue May 17, 2016 6:43 pm

They say 20 days for approval. And explicitly write NOT to create tickers cause that time can be expanded (as a revenge for contacting support?!). Does this looks dumb only for me? I love Joomla!. But something is really wrong with the management.

I'll try to contact the support. Another weeks of waiting for replay will change nothing as I already wait a month.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 pm

i have pinged the jed for clarification on the process and to chase this
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Wed May 18, 2016 7:33 am

Hi,

Support cannot be provided over Twitter, Facebook, email, Skype, this forum or any other method except the JED Listing Support. You can contact JED editors by submitting a ticket through the JED Listing Support. http://extensions.joomla.org/support/support-tickets

We have to impose those restrictions in support to ensure a level of service and quality.

Particularly, part of the team is attending to J and Beyond 2016 (Barcelona). As a consequence, May has been a challenging month to balance our JED-contribution-work-life.

Finally, we are coping wih a high load and we are currently training new volunteers to help us.

Thank you for your understanding.
@anibal_sanchez - Former JED Team Leader.

Prefix PHP Libraries & Projects: https://php-prefixer.com
My Extensions: https://extly.com

Dmitry Vadis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dmitry Vadis » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 am

Dear friends from JED team, I as extensions developer deeply appreciate your effort, on voluntary basis, to keep functional the JED and thank you, but the super slow extentions submission procedura is an old story. Do you realize the fact that Joomla, JED, are the actually a significant part of life of many Joomla extensions developers. Many developers based their business entirely on JED, others – in an or other extent as main activity.
So how they can to programming their business, their life.
So why these people must suffer from an submit procedure that reminds the worst times of soviet civil servant behavior.
After many years of pain the solution is urgent, I hope you'll find an civilized, definitive solution in spirit of new times and, at least, from respect to Joomla developers community, which struggle every day to bring to Joomla power, and as the main engine of Joomla project success.

What is that solution is up to you, will be paid submission procedure, mixed or whatever, please, do it now.
If want help - ask us, we are thousands - ask our opinion by voting or something similar, I'm sure together we'll find the best solution.

With respect Dmitry.

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi,

We need more volunteers. Every volunteer can collaborate with 2-3 hours per week and collaboration also depends on our personal and professional live (e.g. summer is a slow season).

Every once in a while we publish calls for volunteers and we add new members to the team.

So, if you feel that you can give back to the proyect, please apply to the next call. At this time, I'm actively looking for new JED developers.

Regards,

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Note: there are many extensions developers and more than 8k extensions, but only a few courageous volunteers who keep the system running. 8)

maksym
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maksym » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:04 pm

hi,
anibal_sanchez wrote:Note: there are many extensions developers and more than 8k extensions, but only a few courageous volunteers who keep the system running. 8)
its clear why there are very few volunteers .... no one wants to spend their time on that ... you know time is money ...

i think it will be better if you "somehow" charge us, for example 5$ per extension (or charge only those developers who already gained some kind of success on JED) in year and hire with that money reviewers/volunteers staff .... so volunteers will be interested and be happy, system will be faster, and we will be happy too :)

Best Regards,
Maksym

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi,

Joomla is built on top of volunteering efforts since 10 years ago. JED is an important part of the project, but there are also many other areas that are equally important. So, the question is why JED would deserve annual payments and other critical areas don't.

Additionally, the current system is fair in the sense that is free for everyone. Any developer in the world can create and submit an extension. If you define 5$, many developers (for instance, students) who don't have that budget would be excluded.

These are the challenges that an organization, managed by volunteers, faces. Nobody has said that it would be easy. :D

Best regards,

sozzled
I've been banned!

A month of pending status? Some honest customer feedback.

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

anibal_sanchez wrote:Nobody has said that it would be easy
The point that I think you've overlooked here is that the JED—the technology and the team who operate it—has become impossible to work with.

This category is called the "Official Sites & Infrastructure: Extensions.Joomla.org - Feedback/Information" category. We have been providing good honest feedback; we are seeking information. No-one naïvely imagines that our feedback will always be 100% positive all of the time. By the same token, the "information" one obtains here is often worth no more than a pinch of salt or anything else one obtains from the internet: lacking warmth, sincerity, substance or credibility.

There's a saying in business: the customer is always right. As developers, we are customers of the JED. Even when we're wrong, we're right. Our feedback should help to improve the business model. The customer service model is broken; that's our feedback to you. No-one is genuinely interested in fixing it; that's your response to us.
anibal_sanchez wrote:Any developer in the world can create and submit an extension.
There have been no new extensions published on the JED for two weeks. Sure, we can create and submit our extensions and then wait in limbo without knowing when or if anything will come from doing that. I've read the sad tales from people waiting months for their extensions to be published. (I would not even mind spending five dollars per month if it assisted in getting my own extensions published on the JED!) We don't want to hear tales about the JED lacking volunteers or collaborators. We want results, not excuses.

I've attempted to reach out to you, Anibal—here, on this forum, and privately—and I've been rebuffed or ignored. I think this observation from someone else (written only a short time ago) neatly captures some of the community's growing sentiment:
Ty2u wrote:Well, sounds like a pain in the butt to me ... not some sort of new standards or some crap. Screw it. I'm done with it. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi,

I understand your frustration and we collaborate with the project to improve it.

However, you have to understand that the whole project runs in this way based on the time that vonlunteers can collaborate with the project. For instance, 1-2 hours in a week. Additionally, if part of the team in on holidays, with a professional deadlines, etc; then the times can be slower.

Finally, there are also vested interests in this forum. As simple as "I don't want to update my code" ... or "I've submitted a extension 20 times" ... with backlinks. So, if there are slow reponse times... that's because we have a lot of work and we have a personal life.... and we are checking submitted extensions with backlinks, encoded source code, etc etc etc.

Regards,

sozzled
I've been banned!

A month of pending status: can we have some useful information please?

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

anibal_sanchez wrote:I understand your frustration and we collaborate with the project to improve it.
I'm sorry, Anibal, really I am. I don't think you do understand our frustration. I have written this several times now: there have been no new extensions published on the JED for more than two weeks.

I don't know how large is the backlog of outstanding tickets: we've all got the tickets; we're waiting for the performance to commence. :pop

This is my understanding from what you've written over the past few weeks: there are no editors on the JED team who are reviewing the tickets. Is that correct?

maksym
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maksym » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:55 pm

anibal_sanchez wrote:Joomla is built on top of volunteering efforts since 10 years ago. JED is an important part of the project, but there are also many other areas that are equally important. So, the question is why JED would deserve annual payments and other critical areas don't.

Additionally, the current system is fair in the sense that is free for everyone. Any developer in the world can create and submit an extension. If you define 5$, many developers (for instance, students) who don't have that budget would be excluded.

These are the challenges that an organization, managed by volunteers, faces. Nobody has said that it would be easy. :D
you are right .. i'm just saying, to create a motivation for volunteers, so the system worked faster ...
for example to allow Sponsor ads on JED ... like Kunena does ... or something like that where developers will donate and with those donations you can speed up system.
or maybe that's very bad idea .. i don't know, i'm sure you know better ... i am just saying to do something for speeding it up.

Best Regards,
Maksym.

malkowitch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by malkowitch » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:14 pm

I created the ticket on 7th of this month. After waiting already a month for approving the extension. And still no answer to my ticket (22 days??), and extension is still pending. Who can explain me what is the logic behind this. Joomla is already losing attention from clients. Is this is the answer? How do you expect for the developers to stick to Joomla if you cant even provide a descent support for developers making free extensions? Not to mention for those commercial ones. Who will wait a bloody 2 months for approval of his product?

Second problem, can someone explain me why I can't change my email address in extensions.joomla.org profile? No error, no nothing.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”