Where do I search for an extension I can't easily describe?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
BillsBayou
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where do I search for an extension I can't easily describe?

Post by BillsBayou » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm reading the description of this forum and I don't think this is the place I need. However, I don't see a better fit for my predicament.

I represent a club that publishes a glossy magazine each quarter. We want to have an on-line version for members. We want it to function much like the publications at [issuu].com. However, [issuu] is a hosting service. We want our magazine to remain on our site.

I have no idea how to search for this type of extension. The search results I get don't really match what I need.

Thus, if this is the correct forum for this question "Where do I find an extension like this?" Please respond.

If this is not the correct version to ask, where do I go to discuss extensions which I can describe better in English than I can using search engine terms?

lafrance
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Where do I search for an extension I can't easily descri

Post by lafrance » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 pm

If you would use the word magazine on JED you would of found a few extension that would work here the link
http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=magazine
How I did it just enter magazine in the search bar
VEL contributor @ http://docs.joomla.org/Investigation_of_exploits
OSM,Trademark and Licensing Team,jed editor
Please no pm direct contact irc freenode.net #joomla

TheMuffinMan
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Where do I search for an extension I can't easily descri

Post by TheMuffinMan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi,

I proposed to implement a "genius" like extension for joomla that suggests other extensions based on the site admin's behavior and already installed extensions, such that extensions may be suggested, found and installed right from within the backend (if non-commercial).

If somebody has ideas what should be included, I would still be willing to help implementing this. I believe with the growing amount of extensions it is necessary to bring semantics into extension search. Regular site search is vey limited and great extensions might get lost in the crowd.

Regards,
Markus

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”