Review approved then deleted?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
PatrickDoyle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Review approved then deleted?

Post by PatrickDoyle » Thu May 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Curious as to why your team approved, posted, then deleted an honest review this morning that was designed to simply warn prospective buyers to what I considered a major flaw in an extension. I further pointed out that my decision to purchase was my fault & not the developers. The developer then proceeded to attack me with several emails, when again all I intended to do was to write an honest review of something the developer should have made clear to the buying public. he didn't and somehow managed to convince you to "censure" an honest review. I find that troubling Joomla! What is the point of having an extension review system that does not allow honest & potentially valuable reviews? Here's my review and please let me know the reasoning behind approving, posting, then deleting my review. Thanks!
[redacted]
Last edited by mandville on Thu May 29, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: redacted review from post that was removed from JED. Reviews must follow rules and guidelines as stated on the JED.

stutteringp0et
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Review approved then deleted?

Post by stutteringp0et » Thu May 29, 2014 10:19 pm

As an extension developer, I can say that the admins did the right thing (probably at the developers request). I occasionally get reviews that are negative - based on features that my extensions don't offer. If you had stuck to discussing the extension, instead of including features you wish it had - your review probably would have remained.
My extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/pr ... ails/18398
Honk if this signature offends you.

PatrickDoyle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PatrickDoyle » Fri May 30, 2014 4:10 am

You missed the point of the review. It was to let others know that this membership extension did not have an import feature, and their docs and website make no mention of that fact whatsoever. A membership extension without import options is useless and a waste of peoples money. If that fact was clearly delineated upfront, then this review would never have been attempted!

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ot2sen » Fri May 30, 2014 7:24 am

Agree that the JED editors did the right thing. It wasn't a review.

The rules a plain and simple for having a review accepted. One of the reasons for rejection is:
http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla!_Extension_Directory_FAQs
•Not a review of the product.
It isn't fair Patrick to try "review" on basis on something the developers never stated to be a feature.
I don't see why a developer should mention features that are - not - part of their extension. Doesn't make sense. They do mention the features their extension do have. Those are what you could do a valid review for :)
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

PatrickDoyle
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PatrickDoyle » Sat May 31, 2014 4:22 pm

These are very good points that I did not consider. Next time I will think before I speak...

Vimes
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Vimes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:59 am

PatrickDoyle wrote:These are very good points that I did not consider. Next time I will think before I speak...
I say, this is the internet. How dare you engage in mature, thoughtful discussion? We don't do that kind of thing around here!
http://www.jomres.net THE online hotel booking and reservation system for Joomla and Wordpress.

stutteringp0et
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by stutteringp0et » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 am

All things considered, the Jed approval process is very reliable. Other than one review that both said one of my extensions works well and that I'm an unethical person for creating it, the approval process works well.
My extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/pr ... ails/18398
Honk if this signature offends you.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”