Package extension submission and base64 encoding

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
myplace2100
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Package extension submission and base64 encoding

Post by myplace2100 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi
I just submitted a extension which mainly is a module to display tweets from twitter.com. I had to include the module along with ajax calling component in a package and i uploaded that package in submission page. Hope it's the right way.

As i call to twitter Api so some encoding(Base64 ...) had to use in code as twitter api library suggests for authenticated requests to twitter.com for getting twitter data. So things shouldn't be wrong as twitter developers using this process to display tweets. But when i checked the package using JED checker, i found errors on "Rule encoding - Base64 or other type of encoding in the files" and "You've used encoding in this file? This is not an error, but an editor will have to review this file!". So i think it will not interrupt submission acceptance process.

Regards
joomla and wordpress extension developer
http://techhelpsource.com/

alikon
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Package extension submission and base64 encoding

Post by alikon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 am

an editor will have to review this file
your approval process can take more time than normal, cause an editor will have to review if base64 are used properly
Nicola Galgano
i know that i don't know
www.alikonweb.it

myplace2100
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Package extension submission and base64 encoding

Post by myplace2100 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:44 pm

ok but during the last week i am seeing written that there are 32 extensions to go through before mine. the number "32" not changing.
joomla and wordpress extension developer
http://techhelpsource.com/

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”