Does ticket system work ?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
chameron
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Does ticket system work ?

Post by chameron » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:54 am

Hi,

I created 5 tickets for one problem from 16 December to current time, but i have not receive reply yet.

What can i do ?

http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/ti ... tails/2153
How to Manage & SEO Joomla content -> http://joomavatar.com/avatar/joomla/ext ... rop-joomla

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Does ticket system work ?

Post by mandville » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:21 am

Tessa Mero wrote:Dear Joomla! Extension Developers,

We have been working hard for the past week catching up on the ticket queue since we were short on staff for the past month with most of the tickets team not being available due to sickness/traveling/work related stuff.

JED Manager, Tickets Team, and I have been working long hours to catch up with the queue.

We are proud to announce that the category of new tickets "New Listing Support", "Current Listing Support", and "Site Technical Difficulties" are 100% complete.

However, if you are waiting on a reply to your response on an opened ticket, that may be a bug we just discovered today that we aren't receiving a notification for and unable to filter by it. It may be best for you to open a new ticket and reference your old ticket and close the old ticket as well. We promise we'll get back to you asap!

Please make sure you post tickets in the appropriate category so the right sub team can assist you. Sometimes tickets in the obvious wrong category may get ignored for awhile, but we do our best to move them to the appropriate category if time is available.

In the meantime, we'll have the remaining categories "Unpublished Support", "Reported Extension" and "Reported Reviews" complete in the next week, in that specific order!

On a side note, the queue for New Listing Submissions are down to 0 and the listing sub team has been keeping it that way. Woohoo!

Warm Regards,

Tessa Mero
JED Listing Manager
http://extensions.joomla.org
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

mudotmy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mudotmy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

If JED Team is short of staff, they should calling for new volunteers to join the team.

JLinker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JLinker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm

If JED Team is short of staff, they should calling for new volunteers to join the team.
How/where to check if there are calls for new volunteers for the JED team?
JLinker Facebook Tabs for Joomla, Virtuemart, Kunena, K2, JEvents, Hikashop, J2Store | JLinker Menu Generator | https://www.jlinker.com

bkeahl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bkeahl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Hang in there. They will get to you. It took me four months, but it did happen. Remember, they were transitioning to a new extension system AND trying to support new extensions AND deal with all the issues related to both.

Expanding the volunteer team isn't easy. They still have to go through the volunteers to ensure they have the necessary skill sets, taking time away from all of the above tasks. Sometimes you just have to muscle your way through a tough patch, which is what I think they were doing, no matter how disconcerting it was for those of us on the outside looking in.

mudotmy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mudotmy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:52 am

bkeahl wrote:Hang in there. They will get to you. It took me four months, but it did happen. Remember, they were transitioning to a new extension system AND trying to support new extensions AND deal with all the issues related to both.

Expanding the volunteer team isn't easy. They still have to go through the volunteers to ensure they have the necessary skill sets, taking time away from all of the above tasks. Sometimes you just have to muscle your way through a tough patch, which is what I think they were doing, no matter how disconcerting it was for those of us on the outside looking in.
Oh yeah! It took four months and and you still looking from outside to in? What you mean by "isn't easy" and what kind of special skill sets you are talking about?

I'm talking about improvements!

bkeahl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bkeahl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:18 am

mudotmy wrote:Oh yeah! It took four months and and you still looking from outside to in? What you mean by "isn't easy" and what kind of special skill sets you are talking about?

I'm talking about improvements!
I am not sure what your question "and you still looking from outside to in?" exactly means.

As for "isn't easy", it means difficult, challenging, resource consuming. Almost forty years in leadership of not-for-profit volunteer groups, coupled with managing software development teams for a living, has given me a lot of perspective on this.

Rolling out a new system and managing operations will always put a burden on existing infrastructure. You can just pick random volunteers and expect them to be instantly able to operate the back-end or make the judgment calls necessary. Quite frankly,bringing in new people, no matter how capable, will consume already limited resources and slow things down further. Sometimes the best solution is to push through the crunch, as opposed to consuming valuable resources that will further complicate a difficult situation.

I've managed numerous volunteer groups, from Search & Rescue, public service, and political organizations and managing resources has always been the most difficult.

So, rather than get too worked up over the circumstances related to the new extension system, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and see how things proceed.

B

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 am

Any status update from JED about the backlog? How many tickets are left open?

Thanks!
Best regards, Edvard Ananyan
https://gtranslate.com - GTranslate - Multilingual Website Solutions

ABSolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ABSolutions » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi Edo888,

As of 2PM EST on April 13 - there are 140 new tickets open. There are an additional 180 tickets assigned to team member, responded to and waiting for dev reply. Some of the 180 in that group may be closed...but may not have been marked closed yet. That brings the total to 140 new + 180 responded to and/or closed.

AB

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks!

Could you update again, so we can see the progress?

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:58 am

Any news, please? This really is taking very long.

ABSolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ABSolutions » Mon May 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi Edo888,

We have a meeting coming up. I will ask where we are at with tickets and get back to you by the end of the week/start of next week.

AB

qvsoft
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by qvsoft » Thu May 07, 2015 2:14 am

I have a ticket since 17 Apr, and get response on 23 Apr, then i reply the ticket on the same day and waiting for JED team reply, but now the ticket status still: "Awaiting user" and no reply until now.
Maybe the wrong ticket status make it be ignored by JED team.
http://www.joomultra.com - Premium Joomla Extensions

ABSolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ABSolutions » Mon May 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi Folks,

There are about 100 tickets that are on the waiting list. The JED is working on the backlog - so please be patient and they will get to you.

AB

qvsoft
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by qvsoft » Tue May 12, 2015 1:28 am

JED Ticket system should have feature that tell the listing owner, where they are in the waiting list, and approximate how long to get support.
And first submitted ticket should have higher priority, in some tickets, i opened the ticket, waiting 1-2 weeks to get reply from JED team, i replied the ticket in the same day, then waiting more 1-2 weeks to get an other reply from JED team.
http://www.joomultra.com - Premium Joomla Extensions

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”