No JED submission feedback

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
paulsimonrough
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

No JED submission feedback

Post by paulsimonrough » Sat May 23, 2015 6:53 am

I submitted an extensions about 3-4 hours ago but haven't received any confirmation emails.

Usually when you submit something you'll get a "thanks for your submission" or something similar.

I know the JED can now approve with 60 minutes I've done this already with other extensions but I have no feedback at all now, even when I go into the extensions there is nothing.

If I view the extension from the category is says pending.

The extension passed the JED checker before I submitted it.

If it has now been 4 hours should I assume there is a problem and it will now be manually reviewed?

I was really expecting an email with at least a little info as to whats going on as this would stop me having to post in the forum or submitting a ticket.
For UK based Joomla hosting visit https://uksmallbusinesswebhosting.co.uk/

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: No JED submission feedback

Post by mandville » Sat May 23, 2015 11:18 am

paulsimonrough wrote:I submitted an extensions about 3-4 hours ago but haven't received any confirmation emails.
but I have no feedback at all now, even when I go into the extensions there is nothing.
but then you say
If I view the extension from the category is says pending.
so you do have some feedback? do you mean there is nothing as in it is not published?
If it has now been 4 hours should I assume there is a problem
as this would stop me having to post in the forum or submitting a ticket.
patience is a virtue....(etc)
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

paulsimonrough
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by paulsimonrough » Sat May 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi my question isn't about how long my extension will take to be approved I've been a dev for 6 years I know about delays etc on the JED its about lack of info ill try and ask my questions again to clarify.

1. When a dev submits an extension do we not get a confirmation email anymore or is there a problem with the system and they are not getting sent out at the moment.

2. As the auto approve process takes up to 60 minutes and that time has now expired should I assume that its in the queue to be manually approved and if so where can I see this info.

3. As the only info we have now is a little grey bar saying "pending" where should we go when we need info as to whats going on? the forum or submit a ticket.

4 If my extension failed the auto approve (my last one didn't) where can I find out where I went wrong so I don't make the same mistake when I add my next one (which I will be doing in a few hours)

5. Will the JED team be adding basic info about these things so we can tell whats going on.

The old JED at least had a code at the top of the extensions page telling you where it was, now I have no idea... is the extension in the queue? can the JED team even see it? was there a problem with the submission and I need to open a ticket?

Do you know what I'm saying we are working blind here at the moment, I've followed the process correctly I have lots of extensions on the JED and my extension passed the JED checker so as far as I know my extension was corrupted when I uploaded it and the JED team cant see it.... who knows? I don't.

Just to clarify I'm not asking how long it will take I'm asking about the status of it, if I was able to go into my extension and it says "awaiting JED team for approval, might take up to 28 days" I would be happy with that and get on with other things.

Paul.

paulsimonrough
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by paulsimonrough » Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 am

Just an update with this.

My extensions is now approved and public in the JED but I have still not received any email confirmation at all.

I checked my account again and my email address is correct.

Should I open a ticket about this? is the JED team aware that emails are not being sent out?

Still no feedback even on the forum it seems.

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”