Approved extensions as suggestion

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Eddi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Approved extensions as suggestion

Post by Eddi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi everybody,

I recently ran into a badly coded extension that didn't uninstall completely. I have tested a few other that don't write their tmp or cache data into the appropriate folders. I use one that doesn't work with NoNumbers Advanced Module Manager because it doesn't follow Joomla standards.

How would it sound to run basic checks on extensions in the Extensions area and badge those that comply with Joomla coding standards.

Cheers,
Edward
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Extensions for Joomla! 3.x to Extensions.Joomla.org - Feedback/Information

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Approved extensions as suggestion

Post by Tessa Mero » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Edward,

As being in the JED team for over 3 years, this is one of my future goals of the team, and would make the JED very high quality. I completely agree with you.

However, at the moment we are focused on our JED 3.0 system to be relieved of all the current bugs in our issue tracker system. We also recently had a restructure of all new volunteers, so we are all working on maintaining our roles and volunteers.

If you are interested in helping creating a "rule" and "guidelines" on code standards, I'd be happy to work with you on being heard.

You can email me at tessa.mero@extensions (at) extensions (dot) joomla (dot) org if interested.
Tessa Mero
JED Team Assistant Manager
Production Leadership Team Member

Eddi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Eddi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks Tessa. I'll go through the issues I had with extensions and compile a list.

Regards,

Edward

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Eddi wrote:Thanks Tessa. I'll go through the issues I had with extensions and compile a list.

Regards,

Edward
Hi Edward, Could you kindly send this list to me? We have finally taken place a process for Quality Control on extensions.

Please email me at tessa.mero @ extensions (dot) joomla (dot) org and we will thoroughly check and investigate each extension.

Thank you!
Tessa Mero
JED Team Assistant Manager
Production Leadership Team Member

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”