Suggested Topics For Beginners Guide

Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

sea0221
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Suggested Topics For Beginners Guide

Post by sea0221 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 am

In hopes to cover as many situations as possible, place you specific questions, topics, and ideas here that may be entered into the Beginners Guide.

1. Flow chart of how sections, categories, and articles work together on the front page and other menus. Being a school teacher, often a visual representation is more helpful that text to some students.

2. Image of the front page, banners, etc that is labeled with a link to text that shows how to create it.

I do agree that the Beginners Guide could be a little clearer. But, I think that what many of the folks mean is, that it would be nice to have the areas identified and how to set up those areas. I also understand that there are countless variables that would be logically impossible to cover them all.

Maybe this area could help to identify specific areas that, newbees like me, leave us scratching our heads. And, if they are like me, they are as bald as the tires on Jimmy Johnson's Lowes 48 car after he won his 4th straight championship.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Suggested Topics For Beginners Guide

Post by mandville » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:44 pm

you have to be clear about which version you are attempting to write for.
is there any problems with http://docs.joomla.org/Beginners that you might be able to correct to save mass duplication?
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

sea0221
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Suggested Topics For Beginners Guide

Post by sea0221 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:36 pm

After I wrote this, I thought there may be more to the maze of insanity than a few nice images with explanations. It is never easy, is it? One just has to roll up the sleeves, pour a mug of coffee, close the door, and just get after it.

Thanks for the response. Let's get back to the learning curve.

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”