Filter category in menu items

For Joomla! 1.5 Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general
rvespa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Filter category in menu items

Post by rvespa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Hello, I'm creating a component for Joomla 1.5.x, but I have a problem. The component is very similar to the standardized management of the articles. missing only the section that I need. the problem is that feedback can not create a link from the menu that let me view the articles in each category. Let me explain. The component must record public events occurring in a particular place, broken down by categories of belonging, everything works fine, but when I go to create a menu item and choose to display the category drop-down menu makes me choose all jos_categories categories in the table regardless of the clause "where cc.section =" com_miocomponente ". What I understand is how to understand the system of categories that I need on my part and not global ones. Thanks in advance for the answers.

rvespa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Filter category in menu items

Post by rvespa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi everybody,
I solved the problem. There is a default.xml file in template of view component where to insert the code:
<url>
<param name="id" type="category" section="com_miocomponente" label="Category" description="Choose a category..." />
</url>

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Coding”