joomla on cloud server

For Joomla! 1.5 Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general
ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

joomla on cloud server

Post by ra1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

hello evr1..

i am using joomla from last 5 -6 month .. but i used to do it on local server only. i have uploaded .. a joomla site once on godaddy server.. it was quit easy .. but now i have real milstone . i need urgent help .. on this the issue is like i have devloped one site in joomla and i have to upload ot on the cloud server where which dont know how to upload it .. the cloud servers site is https://www.websitesettings.com where i need to upload site.. please help ..

thank you.. :( :(
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Joomla! 1.5 Coding to the forum Migrating to Joomla! 1.5

mjparadac
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: joomla on cloud server

Post by mjparadac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 am

Hi ra1
You can upload your website using FTP.
This article can help http://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website
Regards
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ra1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:33 am

thnx.. frnd... 4 reply .. really it helps....

ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ra1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 am

n admin panel it self it shows me ... Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.
after changing appropriate .. change in configration.php

please help

please help ... . .... please. ... its urgant ...

i have domain of www.websitesetting.com

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 am

Generally this happens when the username used for the database access do not have appropriate privileges or wrong password.

Hope you have imported the database content from the original site.

----------------------

If it is not too late....

You could transfer your site developed in Joomla! to another host/location by the following ways.

(i) Use the extension Akeeba Backup Core (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ackup/1606) to backup your site including the database. You have to transfer the archive file created by Akeeba Backup Core to your remote host and use the kickstart.php script file (created by Akeeba Backup Core developers) to restore the site. Also, you would have a back-up permanently.

(ii) Use the manual process. Review the document http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_copy_ ... te_host%3F for more information.

Note:
In both the cases, you have to create a new database on the remote host, create a user for the database, grant all privileges to the user for connecting to it.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ra1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 am

sorry sir ..but i cant do this bcz.. i cant access my joomla admin ..
and sorry sir but i couldnt get the point that why should i do this process..

I am using joomla 2.5

please guide and help .....

thank you

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:53 am

From what you have written, it looks like you have transferred files. Have you transferred the database content?
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ra1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 am

yes sir .. i have created a site on localhost and and trying to move it from localhost to the websitesetting.com and... i have moved my all file using filezilla and also craeted a database in phpmysql and change the following settings in my configration file but than also .. its not working ..

its showng me the same error and when i try to access the site/administrator .. it shows me the error of database .. now i m stuck .. i have to cmplt this site by .. today no matter what .. and this typ of problem is comming wht to do sir?? can i massage u on ur .. personal ID...??

THe changes i have made in configration.php

public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'my user name';
public $password = 'my password';
public $db = 'my db name';
public $dbprefix = 'prefix of joomla db';
public $live_site = '';

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am

When you created new user in the database, have you GRANTed ALL PRIVILEGES to that database username that you are using?

ebax911
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ebax911 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:28 am

Yeah first create new data base for your joomla installation.

And write down all the details, such as data base name, user name, password ( do not forget to grant all privileges to that user which you created for data base. )

Once all of this is done, transfer files to ftp using ftp software, I use filezilla.

Then just follow installation steps and enter the details of you data base.

All done

Good Luck

ra1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ra1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm

@imanickam .. sir i dont know whr i have to change the database permisions..

@ebax911 thanx 4 ur time.. i have done all this things bro still the result is nagative

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

As you may be aware, Joomla! stores its Meta data and the content in the database. So the username that connects to the database has to do operations such as insert, update, and delete in the tables of the database. So, it needs appropriate privileges to do these.

In the localhost environment, when you use the default username root, you do not need to grant any privileges as the database system itself would have granted all privileges to the username root.

Whereas in the host environment when you create a new user and assign the user database, you have to grant all privileges to that user.

The above procedure may vary from one host service provider to another. Check the documentation of your host service provider about how to do this.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Coding”