Get article id outside of com_content

For Joomla! 1.5 Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general
zhumar
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Get article id outside of com_content

Post by zhumar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I was looking for a plugin that will add a button to the backend article editor page next to the save, apply, etc. buttons. I ended up finding one attached to a component. After editing the button a bit to get it to do what I want, I wanted to try and automatically pull the article URL into the plugin so I can use it. However, all attempts to do so have failed as it seems to only find $_GET parameters from the component the plugin belongs to.

If you're in the backend and click on a button that brings up a little modal window, is there some way to get the $_GET data from the parent window to be used in the modal window? In this case, that $_GET data would contain the article id I need. Right now, it always says my id is 0 because it is not looking at the parent window.

almooj-craig
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Get article id outside of com_content

Post by almooj-craig » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:15 pm

When you open the new window you could just pass the article id along with the rest of the url, that way it would be in $_GET without having to look at the url of the parent window.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Coding”