Team Name: Catalan Team
Preliminary date selection: August 2011.
Location: Palma de Mallorca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palma_de_Mallorca
). Palma is the major city and port on the island of Majorca and capital city of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands in Spain.
Palma is an accessible city and, additionally, lies so near. It is well-equipped with premises for congresses and conventions, with technological parcs, big halls in auditoriums, hotels and other centers for work sessions. Palma offers an important variety of select restaurants and locals to make the gathering pleasant; together with the sea and the culture, meeting in Palma is a pleasure too.
Its modern airport is one of the airports accounting for the highest passenger movement within Europe: approximately 20 million per annum. Fluent maritime connections connect the city with the remaining Balearic Islands, Barcelona, Valencia and other points within the Mediterranean.
Palma is a meeting point for professionals coming from all parts of the world, meeting regularly for the presentation of their plans and projects. The city is wealthy, and this can be seen on the streets and in the shopping centers. They are full of life; in the entertainment locals and restaurants; at the city's markets; in the traffic of people on the streets. Palma is dynamic, and the proof for it lies in its exhibitory activity, its fairs, its job forums as well as in its promotion and development initiatives.
During the last few years, the city has developed to accommodate modern buildings for conventions. The offer in charming, first class service hotels is generous. All is provided for to make the meeting more pleasant. Attendees will always feel comfortable in Palma. A city that motivates and stimulates everyone. The reduced dimensions of Palma, so different from the big metropolis, make it easy to move from one part to the other.
More info: http://pcongressosdepalma.com/en/ciutat.php
Venue: Palau de Congressos (Convention Centre) in Palma de Mallorca or The University of Balearic Islands/Parc Bit (http://www.uib.es
), we will eavualte the cost of both.
Palau de Congressos de Palma is bound to be one of the iconic buildings in the Mediterranean region, an architectural reference and a city highlight, located on the seafront of Palma , facing the sea and it will be at the entrance to the city, coming from the airport - just ten minutes away. More info: http://pcongressosdepalma.com/en/descripcio.php
Technical specifications: http://pcongressosdepalma.com/en/fitxa.php
* 3-5 days
* Main conference days (2 or 3): keynotes and conference tracks. A Call for Papers will be publicly available several months prior to the event.
* Pre/Post conference days: training sessions, extension trade show and informal meetings (unconference from hobbyist or students)
* Joomla Project day: developer & bug squad summit, documentation and translation summit
* Local and International sponsors
* Government support
* Activities/Tours program around Palma, sports and water activities, and cultural program too.
* International Joomla conference with an european reach, to attract Joomla users and developers to a location ready to host a major event like this one, easily accessible and for a moderated cost for attendees from all over Europe.
Pep Toni Serrano
Additional members will be added to fill out representation for the community.
- Member of the Catalan Joomla Translation TeamBe Freehttp://www.joomla.cat
- JUG Països Catalans & Catalan Joomla TT