How Many Bugs Got Squashed?

The purpose of this forum is for announcements of approved Joomla events, all other Joomla related event announcements can be submitted at https://community.joomla.org/events.html

Moderator: OSM

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Additional Events Forum Rules <-- Please read before posting.
bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

How Many Bugs Got Squashed?

Post by bascherz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:48 pm

So, the bug squashing weekend is over, though I am sure there are still people going at it (hey, good for them!). I am curious what the overall result was. How many priority 1, 2, and 3 bugs got killed? How many new ones were found? Is there going to be some sort of announcement? I remember the starting total open trackers being around 135 or thereabouts, and today it stands at 109. That's a pretty good dent, but nowhere near the clean slate that was hoped for.

I suppose this begs the question, could a "system" something like what was used over the past weekend be kept in place so that we can have that type of thing ongoing all the time? Is there a way to make that work, or would it require official recruiting of people onto the development and testing teams? Are there people on the dev team who are in a position to accept patch files and testers at the ready to verify them? Is there a way to get a tracker assigned to someone not on the dev team? Just curious.

I had a great time meeting people from around the DC/Baltimore area and doing what I could. The priority 1 and 2 bugs were mostly beyond my current familiarity with J! 1.5, so I stuck to sweeping a few easy priority 3 ones out of the way. It occurred to me that there is no difficulty or complexity rating in addition to the priority rating in the tracker attributes. The time estimate is probably closest to providing that information, but is truly dependent on who ends up fixing the bug. I did notice that most of the priority 1 and 2 trackers were the tough ones. I suspect that all the easy ones had already been squashed.

Okay, I've babbled enough. Thanks to everyone who joined in the "fun" this past weekend!

Bruce
Bruce Scherzinger

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How Many Bugs Got Squashed?

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:49 am

Bruce -

I heard good things about your accomplishments this weekend! THANKS! You have been such a great help with Joomla!, plus a lot of fun, so thank you very, very much for all you do!

I assume you saw Wilco's blog by now -- with the counts you helped make possible!

And, yes, I think you should do this on a regular basis.  8)

Amy :)

bascherz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: How Many Bugs Got Squashed?

Post by bascherz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:03 pm

Until you pointed me to it, I had not seen it. Thanks Amy!
Bruce Scherzinger

Return to “Joomla! Events”