DB function failed with error number 1030

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:43 am

Hi all,

did a search on the forums and google for information on the following, but was unable to find anything that looked similar (with Got error 1)

Code: Select all

Got error 1 from storage engine SQL=SELECT a.*, a.name AS category, u.name AS editor, g.name AS groupname, h.name AS admingroup FROM jos_fb_categories AS a LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.group_id = a.pub_access LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS h ON h.group_id = a.admin_access GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.ordering, a.name
the above occurs when i select
Administrator > components > fireboard > Forum admin

Got error 1 from storage engine SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_fb_smileys LIMIT 0,10
Administrator > components > fireboard > Edit smiles

There is not created sitemaps yet
ERROR: Unable to load Settings from Database: Create Settings table
Got error 1 from storage engine SQL=INSERT INTO jos_xmap_sitemap (`name`,`expand_category`,`expand_section`,`show_menutitle`,`columns`,`exlinks`,`ext_image`,`menus`,`exclmenus`,`includelink`,`usecache`,`cachelifetime`,`classname`,`count_xml`,`count_html`,`views_xml`,`views_html`,`lastvisit_xml`,`lastvisit_html`) VALUES ('New Sitemap','1','1','1','1','1','img_grey.gif','mainmenu,0,1,1,0.5,daily','','1','0','900','xmap','0','0','0','0','0','0') 
Administrator > components > XMap > Add Sitemap

as you can see, its not just from one component (i think)

other posts in this forum have indicated that it may be a problem with storage allocation ... but i wanted to be 100% before contacting the owner of the server (as monash UNI host the site for free for this charity)

I'm unsure of the server particulars (other than its IIS), and have setup this exact site on another (linux based) server without a hitch ...

any help is much appreciated
JD
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life
__
JD
VNC2Me - Free Secure Desktop Sharing
Your Tech Support - Your Tech is our Business

normdouglas
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: DB function failed with error number 1030

Post by normdouglas » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 am

Do you know if the server at Monash is running any other PHP/ MYSQL based sites...

Many of these issues are related to connection or php.ini issues.. Some servers don't read simple php tags like <? rather they need the full <?php

I'm not saying that this is actually the problem, but you did say the server is running IIS, which would mean it's been modified to run a LAMP stack.. Personally I would never server any PHP from IIS, period
Step1. Read the instructions. Step2. Refer to step 1. Step 3. Backup

richardprice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by richardprice » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:21 pm

I am having exactly the same problem with my Fireboard, it seems like there is a problem accessing the database?? Although I have not changed anything.

Fatal error: Unable to load categories.\nDB function failed with error number 1030
Got error 28 from storage engine SQL=SELECT a.*, a.name AS category, u.name AS editor, g.name AS groupname, h.name AS admingroup FROM jos_fb_categories AS a LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.id = a.pub_access LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS h ON h.id = a.admin_access GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.ordering, a.name
SQL =

SELECT a.*, a.name AS category, u.name AS editor, g.name AS groupname, h.name AS admingroup
FROM jos_fb_categories AS a
LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out
LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.id = a.pub_access
LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS h ON h.id = a.admin_access
 GROUP BY a.id
 ORDER BY a.ordering, a.name

in /home/zzzzzz/xxxxxxx/components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_debug.php on line 37
Did you ever manage to solve the problem?

JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:01 pm

richardprice wrote:I am having exactly the same problem with my Fireboard, it seems like there is a problem accessing the database?? Although I have not changed anything.

Did you ever manage to solve the problem?
sorry for the late reply, no i have not found a solution to this problem, and as such i may be forced to use J1.5 or move them back to my slow server, where it just works (thats linux for you:D )
normdouglas wrote:Do you know if the server is running any other PHP/ MYSQL based sites...
I have asked this question of them, but they have not got back to me yet ...
normdouglas wrote:Many of these issues are related to connection or php.ini issues.. Some servers don't read simple php tags like <? rather they need the full <?php
the main problem i have is that i cannot physically touch the system, but only have access to the J! installation ... if i had access to it, i may be able to timker to solve the problem ... but then its a good idea NOT to give me access to a server in a UNI :D

I'm not saying that this is actually the problem, but you did say the server is running IIS, which would mean it's been modified to run a LAMP stack.. [/quote] LAMP - (Linux+Apache) = MP ... not even a WAMP stack LOL ... PHP is running as CGI ... which i have seen done on linux shared hosting countless times, but first experience with windows IIS and PHP CGI (in production environment)
normdouglas wrote:Personally I would never server any PHP from IIS, period
i try to stay away from micro$oft products wherever possible ... IIS is a BIG part of that ... so your preaching to the converted here Norm :)
__
JD

Coldyfire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Coldyfire » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:25 am

I have the same problem :(
everything was ok in last week, but today.

I see this error message on View content at back-end.

Anyone know about the solution for this problem??

Thanks in advance.
:: Try hard for your own future ::
http://www.namtrung.info/ .:|NAMTRUNG.INFO|:.
Signature rules - only literal url's

JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Coldyfire wrote:I have the same problem :(
what OS is your server running ???
do you also have xmap installed ???
__
JD

fj_marcin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fj_marcin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:14 am

hi,
it looks like your database needs to be repaired.
please use phpmyadmin with your database and use table repair option on tables.

Best regards,
Marcin K.
Joomla World Support Center at http://www.mamboassistance.com
Services: Consulting, Design, Development, Training, Support and Outsourcing

JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:17 am

fj_marcin wrote:use phpmyadmin with your database and use table repair option on tables.
Thanks Marcin,

do you know if this can be done with the normal "mysql administrator tool" as this appears to be all they (the host) has on offer at the moment ...

i will request that they install phpmyadmin as its a great tool, and will allow me to do all i need remotely (hopefully) ...

perhaps if i drop the DB, and create a "new install" on another DB, this would be easiest (as minimal content has been added at this stage)

thanks for your advise
__
JD

fj_marcin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fj_marcin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:30 am

you can do it in any admin tool by running REPAIR TABLE [table_name] sql command.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ ... table.html

Let me know if it works for you.
Marcin K.

JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:57 am

thanks Marcin,

i will let you (and the forum for future troubleshooters) know what the outcome is ...

i have just sent off an email to my contact there, and will be chasing it up sometime tomorrow (GMT+10)

thanks again for the fast responce,

I'm hoping it works :)
__
JD

JDaus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JDaus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:01 am

still getting errors when i tried the above things to resolve this ...

additional information:
getting this error when clicking "administrator > components > fireboard > load sample data" ....

Got error 1 from storage engine SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_fb_categories` 
 (`id`, `parent`, `name`, `cat_emoticon`, `locked`, `alert_admin`, `moderated`, `moderators`, `pub_access`, `pub_recurse`, `admin_access`, `admin_recurse`, `ordering`, `future2`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `review`, `hits`, `description`, `id_last_msg`, `time_last_msg`, `numTopics`, `numPosts`)
 VALUES (1, 0, 'Sample Board (Level 1 Category)', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'Description for level 1 Category board.', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (2, 1, 'Level 2 Category', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'Level 2 Category description.', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (3, 2, 'Level 3 Category A', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (4, 2, 'Level 3 Category B', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (5, 2, 'Level 3 Category C', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (6, 1, 'Sample Locked Forum', 0, 1, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'Nobody, except Moderators and Admins can create new topics or replies in a locked forum (or move posts to it).', 0, 0, 0, 0),
 (7, 1, 'Sample Review On Forum', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, 0, 'Posts to be reviewed by Moderators prior to publishing them in this forum. This is useful in a Moderated forum only! If you set this without any Moderators specified, the Site Admin is solely responsible for approving/deleting submitted posts as these will be kept ''on hold''!', 0, 0, 0, 0) -- Make absolutely sure that you load the sample data on completely empty fireboard tables. If anything is in them, it will not work!
__
JD

fj_marcin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by fj_marcin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:39 pm

did you try to repair fireboard content tables too?

margeir
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by margeir » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

I have seen this when the the harddisk is full.
Error 1030 ......

VitalBodies
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VitalBodies » Wed May 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks for that comment! The hard drive being full caused that issue for us also. I suggested that idea to our web hosting company. Knowing that the hard drive might be full enabled the host to fix the problem quickly.
-
http://www.VitalBodies.net
Home, Art, Lifestyle, Shop, Tech & News...

dingbusan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dingbusan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14 pm

I have the exactly same problem on my site http://www.TGU2.com now, it's never happened before, I just wanna upgrade my Xmap(from 1.2 to 1.2.11)

I'm use VPS hosting, the other sites on the same server is working pretty well with xmap.

I've check this maybe because Harddisk full, But I've checked there still have a lot of free space on my sever.

My PHP version is 5.2.17
Joomla version: 1.5.23

Error message as following:

There is not created sitemaps yet
ERROR: Unable to load Settings from Database: Create Settings table
Table 'tgu2.jos_xmap_sitemap' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO jos_xmap_sitemap (`name`,`expand_category`,`expand_section`,`show_menutitle`,`columns`,`exlinks`,`ext_image`,`menus`,`exclmenus`,`includelink`,`usecache`,`cachelifetime`,`classname`,`count_xml`,`count_html`,`views_xml`,`views_html`,`lastvisit_xml`,`lastvisit_html`,`excluded_items`,`compress_xml`) VALUES ('New Sitemap','1','1','1','1','1','img_grey.gif','mainmenu,0,1,1,0.5,daily','','1','1','600','xmap','0','0','0','0','0','0','','0')

johans
I've been banned!

Post by johans » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:55 am

this post is almost 3 years old.. i have encounter same problem on my site.. i guess its the problem on the host..

any idea how to solve this issue?

bobo_chan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bobo_chan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am

Hi. I have same problem. It was OK 2 weeks ago but not today.

Got error 122 from storage engine SQL=SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, cc.title AS name, u.name AS editor, f.content_id AS frontpage, s.title AS section_name, v.name AS author FROM jos_content AS c LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.catid LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = c.sectionid LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = c.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_users AS v ON v.id = c.created_by LEFT JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = c.id WHERE c.state != -2 ORDER BY section_name , section_name, cc.title, c.ordering LIMIT 0, 20
What should I do with this? I'm using Joomla 1.5, running on Windows. I only can operate the Joomla, and I don't have any database control (database is on hosting company).

gkhn38
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gkhn38 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Many Thanks... :pop

myakies
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by myakies » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 pm

This is easy solution. Please clear your tmp folder. Your temporary folder are out of space. 8)

johans
I've been banned!

Post by johans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 am

bobo_chan wrote:Hi. I have same problem. It was OK 2 weeks ago but not today.

Got error 122 from storage engine SQL=SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, cc.title AS name, u.name AS editor, f.content_id AS frontpage, s.title AS section_name, v.name AS author FROM jos_content AS c LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.catid LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = c.sectionid LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = c.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_users AS v ON v.id = c.created_by LEFT JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = c.id WHERE c.state != -2 ORDER BY section_name , section_name, cc.title, c.ordering LIMIT 0, 20
What should I do with this? I'm using Joomla 1.5, running on Windows. I only can operate the Joomla, and I don't have any database control (database is on hosting company).
If you dont have cpanel access then find the extension that can open DB in you backend.. (i just forgot the name of the component but for sure i used this component back in Joomla 1.6)

YES, i agree with the above comments clear temp folder.. you can use also extension admintools to clear the temp folder

cms-designs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cms-designs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I had a similar problem it was the /tmp folder on the server being full. This created problems with the db and phpmyadmin. Hope this help.

Has soon as the server admin moved the tmp folder everything worked like a charm.

ViralInNature
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ViralInNature » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:05 am

I had the same error. I opened in a different browser and it worked. I have no idea why but maybe this helps.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”