Single Item Module

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
awaegel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Single Item Module

Post by awaegel » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:09 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a module like mod_newsflash that will show just a single content item, and wll ideally give a dynamc set of pulldown menus for choosing section -> category -> item. I happen to have a site where we occasionally want to display the same thing on a few pages. My workaround is to just create a category with one item and point mod_newsflash to that, but that doesn't seem quite right.

Thanks,
- Andrew

awaegel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Single Item Module

Post by awaegel » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:13 pm

(answering my own question) I modified nod_newsflash and added a 'title filter' parameter that shows only items that contains a particular substring in the title.

zlatan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Single Item Module

Post by zlatan » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:30 am

Actually I have been looking into this for a while now.

I think as soon as I have time I will have to writh this module unless nobody else does it. I also do a category with one item but I don't like it that much.

I am not sure if you know that you can use New Module and then you can enter html into it. It works nice too.
Zlatan Fazlagic
Look Matters
Making Good People Successful
www.LookMatters.com

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”