Catchable Fatal Error

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sandyforster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Catchable Fatal Error

Post by sandyforster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

I have had my joomla site for about 5 months and recently i had an issue with Datso Gallery which was working fine.

The error is
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/longboar/public_html/components/com_datsogallery/datsogallery.php on line 1022
at
http://www.longboardreview.com.au/compo ... y/catid,1/

The issue also came up with RSS Reader 2 when selecting Advertiser section in Administration.

THe hosting company have been upgrading the server for Zend Shopping Cart or something like that and have played with the settings.

Can anyone provide suggestion to this issue?  Perhaps a PHP.INI issue.

Thankyou.

Sandy

user deleted

Re: Catchable Fatal Error

Post by user deleted » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi Sandy,

All I can find is http://forum.joomlafacile.com/showthread.php?t=23500

There might be a solution mentioned there, which is "AddType x-mapp-php5 .php" . As far as I can remember it has to do with using php5. I would ask the hosting if they know more about this, maybe they also changed php version?

Regards Robin

sandyforster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sandyforster » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:02 am

Downgrading PHP 4.2 fixed the issue.

ZANDOO!

Post by ZANDOO! » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi!

Since 5 days, I have the same error when i try to save a change on existing module with this message:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class database could not be converted to string in /www/sites/1/Z/A/zandoo.org/site/includes/database.php on line 1093

Please Help me to fixe this.

Rgds

JRK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JRK » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:00 am

Hi all,

Somebody has solution to solve this catchable fatal error type. I got the same.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class database could not be converted to string in /www/sites/1/Z/A/zandoo.org/site/includes/database.php on line 1093
...change the future today.

davebytes
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by davebytes » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:30 am

Hey there.  I'm a WordPress coder who ran into this issue, saw that folks here were having the same problem.  Thought I'd lend a hand. ;)

The issue has to do with PHP 5.2+ breaking certain backward-compatibility of converting a PHP 'object' to a text string.  You either need to downgrade below 5.2, or the code where the error occurs needs to be 'properly fixed' to address the change (the fixes should then work on any version...).

I can't help debug random code, so go to the authors and tell them to test and fix against 5.2 or later. ;)

-d

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”