Help with adding links on Joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Fiona Cullinane
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help with adding links on Joomla

Post by Fiona Cullinane » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me please. I used to work on Dreamweaver and have just moved over to Joomla and am still trying to find my feet. Our website address is http://www.intelligo.ie. At the moment, I have a drop down list on the side toolbar called Payroll and within this a few more options  - VIP Payroll Manager, Megapay, etc. My problem lies here, I am trying to create another drop down with VIP Payroll, Megapay, etc and it does not seems to be allowing me.

I am going to Menu, Product, setting up my content link to VIP Payroll Manager however it is not dropping underneath. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
Fiona

vegas-kid
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Help with adding links on Joomla

Post by vegas-kid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:59 pm

When creating the new menu item, there is a parameter in the wizard to set the parent item.  For example, if i want accounts receivable item be a sub menu item of accounting, i set the parent item of receivables to be accounts.

If your talking about roll over actions and pop out menus, then you will need a 3rd party component.  Check out the extensions section of joomla.org.  There are tons of free menu components.

Fiona Cullinane
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Help with adding links on Joomla

Post by Fiona Cullinane » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I am still none the wiser. When creating my sub-menu, I go to "Menu" "Products" and click on New, then I click on Content - Link Content Item, next, then I enter the name and link it to the page, click on parent window and then click it next to the section to be linked to i.e. in this case - VIP Payroll Manager. I then click on save and when I look at my website, it is not part of the VIP Payroll Manager drop down list.

This is way that I have been told to create a drop down menu and it worked with I set up VIP Payroll Manager but is not working for creating a further drop down.

Any ideas?

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”