Where do I find the words: Fields marked with an asterisk

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
eDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where do I find the words: Fields marked with an asterisk

Post by eDee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 am

Where do I find the words: Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
I need to add something like: 1, if you have trouble registering remove the www. from the browser bar and try again.
2, if you have problems logging in REMOVE www. from the browser address bar and try again.

greenkoi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Where do I find the words: Fields marked with an asterisk

Post by greenkoi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:44 am

Most likely, the text is held in the Language files in question.

Assuming you're interested in English, I'd open up the /language/english.php and search within that file for the text you're interested in editing.

Fairly straightforward stuff.

This is assuming you're just trying to edit Joomla core stuff. Components, like VirtueMart have their own language files, so in this example you'd look in: /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/english.php

If you still cant' find the text, you can always just run a search on your local files - I use the Find feature within Dreamweaver to search a site.

HTH

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”