Including content item within a new item

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
potching
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Including content item within a new item

Post by potching » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:27 pm

I've been searching in the forums here and across the 'Net for ages to find out how to include an existing content item within the body of new content I'm creating.

To explain as simply as I can, if I've created a description of product X and saved it as a content item, and then wish to describe that product in several other articles, instead of linking to it, or cutting and pasting I can insert a call to the actual content item from within the body of the new articles and product X's description is seamlessly inserted into the new article.

I know I've seen how to do it before, either a bot or another built in feature of Joomla! I can't recall nor find through searching. Is it a line of PHP code, and what would that be, or is it a bot?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking forward to hearing from you if you can.
Last edited by potching on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

potching
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Including content item within a new item

Post by potching » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:20 pm

Is this something that can be done? Love to hear from anyone with more experience.

potching
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Including content item within a new item

Post by potching » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:28 pm

If anyone else is interested in achieving this, I finally found the component I was looking for: Moslate, on the forge at http://developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/moslate by Daniel Ecer.

Still trying to get my head around everything this component can do, far more than I need for now. If there is a simpler way to do this, I'm still interested to hear.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”