Secondary domain now primary and pointing to wrong site

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
McGillis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Secondary domain now primary and pointing to wrong site

Post by McGillis » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:14 pm

All of my domains are on SiteGround. Today I changed the secondary domain (a Joomla 1.5 site) and made it the primary. The old primary was a WordPress site. Now the new Primary (again, a Joomla 1.5 site) is bringing up the content for the old Primary. I want it to continue as it was before the change -- bringing up the Joomla 1.5 content. PLEASE HELP!! BTW I am not very "techie" so if you have a solution or ideas, please keep this in mind. Thank you! ~Amy

EDIT: Okay this is me freaking out even more. When I go to the /admin backend on my (formerly, trying to restore) Joomla site, much of my content is now gone! Articles as well as menu items. EEEEK! I haven't played with the content in several days, always save and all was there prior to primary domain change -- why is it missing and is it retrievable?

pxforti
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Secondary domain now primary and pointing to wrong site

Post by pxforti » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:27 pm

call siteground and have them help you. i assume they have support. sounds like your domain pointers are screwed up
Joomla Website Design / CS-Cart Website Design
http://writenowdesign.com

McGillis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Secondary domain now primary and pointing to wrong site

Post by McGillis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:34 pm

They fixed it for me in minutes after I contacted them. All's good now. Thanks!

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”