How do I alter the register to read more... redirect?

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
equiweb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

How do I alter the register to read more... redirect?

Post by equiweb » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:36 pm

I am using the User Extended Component to get more information from users when the register, this works fine when new users click register.
But some of the articles on my site are only readable by registered users and display the message - Register to read more... and when they click this they are redirected to the normal registration page. without the extra bits in the user extended component. How do I alter this to redirect new users to - option=com_user_extended&task=register
Pete.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How do I alter the register to read more... redirect?

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:26 pm

You can add your specific code in place of the code described here http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg553252
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

equiweb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: How do I alter the register to read more... redirect?

Post by equiweb » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks for that - I found four instances of that piece of code, so changed all of them. I have a new problem, similar to this one. I am using the AdsManager component and in it I can set that registration is needed before an ad can be submitted. AdsManager sends users to the normal registration page and not the extended version. This is on the same site, so the script must be in one of the AdsManager files, but which one?
Thanks again,
Pete.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”